• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gotsnow
    Newest Member
    gotsnow
nj2va

March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

Light  sleety snow, 30F.  Nothing impressive at this point.  Off treated pavement, we have a solid base of frozen sleet 1-2", so if it falls it will accumulate. 

Just north of Baltimore city/county border, a couple of miles inside the Baltimore Beltway, Greenspring Ave.

wx0820.thumb.jpg.961dd8522f6c50e47996e52d4836f623.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MD Mad Man said:

Streets are finally starting to get covered with snow here in Silver Spring

I was about to post the same thing. Driveways caved, streets getting there.

Some nice, steady snow here in Urbana... plows just went through the neighborhood about 15 min ago and they are already covered again. I just got home from work (slow night in the ER thank goodness) gonna take a nap and wake up to a few more inches hopefully!! 

It has never stopped snowing here since 9:30 yesterday morning. Unfortunately the snow was very light for 18 hours of that time. Good snows out here again for the past couple of hours. I am at 7.5 for the event. A little frustrating when 15 miles to my north has like 16 inches. It is gorgeous outside right now.

NW of Winchester. Moderate snow 27 degrees.

@leesburg 04 that is a nice band! Wow! Quickly added up almost another half inch .. very close to 1 inch now.. if it could stay at that rate I would see 1inch plus per hour! Best snow of the season and looking good! Just need almost 3 inches to break the highest snow of the season.  29 degrees with heavy snow! 

• Like 1

In Columbia, we had drizzle and flurries until about 7:15 AM. We've had light snow since then, which has covered the driveway and side streets. We had about an inch yesterday afternoon/evening.

Still light snow in Hyattsville. This is the view out my third floor apt window... I'll update later as I'm working from home today. This is so all the N/W can feel the beltway pain! (I'm joking, I'm not in pain. I'm glad it's snowing and I'll be happy with whatever we get).

image.thumb.png.c1a0bf0d7fa2e3f35f6eb441b4e7df8a.png

By the way I forgot to mention just how horrific the roads are out here. 81 is a disaster. Route 7 is worse. Back roads? Don't even think about it. If anyone ever says roads won' be effected in March just laugh in their face.

Picking up here in NE Baltimore.  Light snow with bigger flakes than before.  Side street starting to re-cave after the morning traffics, main street still just wet.

White drizzle here in lower Rockville.. Roads are fine. So far this is almost a carbon copy of snowquester in my neighborhood.

getting a free day off softens the blow at least.