Most Online
    Buckfever2
    Newest Member
    Buckfever2
nj2va

March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

9 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Changing to/mixing with snow in Columbia, 32.2

Just drove over to west Columbia and noticeably more snow/sleet accumulation than IMBY. Probably close to 0.7” there vs about 0.3” here.

45 minutes ago, Jebman said:

East Jefferson County is getting close to an inch per hour from this light to mod steady snow. 3.5 inches now. This place may jack.

I'm in southern Jefferson county and have maybe 2. Northern end of the county is around 6 from what I've heard.

Just now, dallen7908 said:

Light snow in College Park since ~5 PM. Temperature at freezing. 

Came here to post this.  I'm at home in Hyattsville, near CP, and it's snowing here too.

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

5.25" here . Haven't measured recently but I cleared the board . Its really picked up past 30 mins .

You caught up pretty quick...nice!  Pushing 6" here.  To be honest, I really didnt expect for this to perform as well as it has in the northern zones today.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Just drove over to west Columbia and noticeably more snow/sleet accumulation than IMBY. Probably close to 0.7” there vs about 0.3” here.

Snow/Sleet mix in EC as well. Hopefully we do well with round 2.

1". Another band coming my way in Gaithersburg. Seems they keep forming out of thin air.

QapF0tN.png

Was forced to measure on grass. The stuff on hard surfaces is thick and stuck together.

Very nice parachutes coming down in Woodbridge. Bodes well for the next batch and redevelopment tonight. I think it's going to be all snow with nothing wasted to sleet/rain for us closer to 95 in MV/VA now. 32.1...I received 1.62 inches of rain today. Talk about a soaker. I checked area 'bugs' and they are all around the same so mine is not off by too much.

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

This first wave was what I was worried about with the precip just being spotty. It needs to really, really rip tomorrow for any of these high-end forecasts to work out outside of the furthest reaches of the subforum.

Not sure I follow your logic. Today went as expected near the cities but the northern and western folks cleaned up. Things broke in favor big time. Latest models runs look incredible for the areas that didn't get the snow they shouldn't have been expecting today. Qpf has been juicier than forecast nearly everywhere already. 

And it's going to rip late tonight and  tomorrow.  Get your shovel tuned and oiled. 

2 minutes ago, 87storms said:

well that's a nice start

It’s not a bad one. I have no idea what to expect tomorrow, didn’t look at models much today