• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    snow01
    Newest Member
    snow01

March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Over 2" now and pulsing between mod and light snow the last hour in Rockville. All surfaces covered. My son is going to make a fortune today. Had 5 driveways lines up already. Lol

Bob - what do you think about our area getting under a heavy band or some of those yellows east working their way over here? I'm not getting a whole lot from this green band over me. Maybe half inch an hour rates at best.

Just now, stormtracker said:

Accidentally deleted my own post. :wacko:

Every last person who cried bust, in here and any other threads, better hope this fails completely.  If not, I am going to troll the ever loving **** out them.   The boo birds were more obnoxious than normal earlier this morning.

LMAO!

I NEVER EVER doubted we would get snow. EVER.

No matter how bad things look, be it tracking a snowstorm, watching a ballgame, or participating in life, NEVER EVER give up early! Many are going to get shellacked all day by snow. Though I was wrong about us getting it in winter. It is spring lol.

• Haha 2

Someone please find my post saying anyone who thinks the baltimore area won’t score majority of precip with wave 2 is on crack....ONCE AGAIN... people model hugged instead of using common sense. Sorry VA folks....

SN++ here. 

• Like 1

latest hrrr shows anywhere from 3-8" left to go from fredericksburg to NE md.  10:1 ratios which of course would vary depending on location.  has us comfortably in snow through at least the afternoon.

The mid day sun angle just worried the heck out of me. Not sure how valid my concerns are.

Moderate snow has started here, roads are slightly caving. Only a dusting on top of what we had yesterday.

1 minute ago, Kmlwx said:

Just remember to subtract out the amount from 12z to now! - unless you already did that :)

yea i'm just estimating, but i know there some of that needs to be subtracted due to the time it takes for the model to run, etc.  i also wonder if we might actually be getting 10:1 right now. 

1.7" here in N Arlington, but probably has snowed at least 2" with compaction. Light to moderate pixie dust having a very difficult time piling up, despite it being "heavy" snow by virtue of low visibility. Maybe another 0.25-0.5" of snow to go before this thing scoots east. Think I'll end somewhere around 2.2". Congrats to those east, west, north and south of me with higher totals.

Radar looks great for Baltimore. Hoping that heavy band over the western shore of the bay rotates back west over DC.

6 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Sounds pretty similar to what I've got here in Colesville. 

Teach your son about taxes and take income tax from him!

I'll be at 3" by 11am or shortly after. 

I ordered my boy a new (used) iPhone off eBay last night. All his cash will go in my pocket. We have a deal. Lol.  My kids always earn their way. House rules. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Radar seems to show the heaviest returns are north and then east of DC proper right now - still coming down here good - it's been a cool radar to watch this morning. 

i think that pivots west a bit as the ull moves under us (which it's pretty much doing right now).  not sure how far west, but i like our corridor for now.

7 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Bob - what do you think about our area getting under a heavy band or some of those yellows east working their way over here? I'm not getting a whole lot from this green band over me. Maybe half inch an hour rates at best.

Just let it happen. No model is going to get heavy bands right. I'm under inch an hour stuff right now and radar is only green. Lol

27 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Yeah, I saw your 8 inch OBS.  That's still a darn-nice total, especially for this time of year.  North is always climo-favored, so this is really no surprise.  I guess what bothers me than anything was just the lack of precip; I'd been much less salty if we'd just received a significant rain event.  Oh, well, it is what it is.  Southern part of Fred Co is almost always the screw-zone in every event.  It's my fault for continuing to live here.

7.5 inches down 81 here in Augusta and still coming down. 27 degrees at 10:30.

A very unofficial 2.8" here in La Plata, MD; just west of 301. All of this has fallen since 7am this morning. Started as light snow and has been moderate since about 830am. No lull. Still cranking.