• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

nj2va

March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Starting to get darker here and snow-globe looking with big flakes going in opposite directions.  Really hoping that the returns on the radar just southeast of here that are rotating in are the real deal.

Oh yeah, radar is looking great, much better than it did even an hour ago. Really looking forward to this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scraff said:

I’m disappointed so far, but I think things about to get rolling. Well I hope anyway. 

We’re good. We’re not getting 18” like a 10;1 interpretation of yesterday’s 12z euro, but a 5-10” Range looks good.

Rate has noticeably picked up in the last 10 mins.

• Like 2

Just now, WxUSAF said:

We’re good. We’re not getting 18” like a 10;1 interpretation of yesterday’s 12z euro, but a 5-10” Range looks good.

Rate has noticeably picked up in the last 10 mins.

Yes. Definitely picking up. I know we’ll do ok. You heading out to the hill?  ;)

Wow what a shock! I did not miss much, I managed to get 6 hours of sleep, and am now wide awake for SNOW!

Hey, when did this FINALLY start?

Looks like we have 2 inches in Dale City already!!!

This is already a BLATANT OVERPERFORMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ONLY expected an inch! Just WOW!!!

95 corridor from dc to Baltimore is going to get raked. Radar looks awesome rotating up from the south and east.There's got to be some 2 " per hour rates in that.

2 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Taken a few minutes ago - 

DGiAtMt.jpg

That's about what it looks like for me. I'm gonna take a pic probably in an hour after these bands have a decent chance to put some heavier rates.

4 minutes ago, ScottishWarrior said:

I'm in southern Charles (La Plata). Can confirm mod to heavy snow. Sticking to everything. About an inch so far but it's piling up quickly.

We may make a run at Climo down here by the way it looks, anyway looked at traffic cameras in Lexington Park and there was nothing on the ground at 5 and 246, but it was snowing at 235 and 4