Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

nj2va

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I've been getting raked for the past 45 minutes here in AA county. I'd say close to 2" per hour rates. Roads and even south facing blacktop is caved. Looks like a snowstorm out here fokes.

That's crazy.  I'm not far from you, and it's just now starting to even resemble a storm.  It's just now approached cartopper territory.

1 minute ago, BlizzardNole said:

Very light snow and 30 in Germantown.  At this point, I just want to see a period of heavy snow even if brief.

Congrats the northern tier yesterday; congrats to east of I-95 today.

Yeah I'm feeling the same way right now. Just south enough to not cash in on yesterday's incredible northern tier explosion, just west enough to not cash in on the awesome band that's set up out east. I still think you and I are good for 4-6" if this goes on all day like this, but my oh my do I wish I could see some REALLY heavy rates.

4 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Wow -- tell us how it goes.  My sister is arriving to BWI this afternoon from Aruba.  Just a little change in weather eh?

30 and light snow in Germantown

Visibility is going down fast in Gaithersburg. I think you and me are in a good spot for the next hour. It should be to you soon.

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Solid SN here, but nothing too heavy yet.  Feel pretty good about those obs south and southeast of heavy snow.  Also, I've been watching the lightning radar hoping for some instability, but no close strikes yet. 

Have there been any reports of thundersnow in the metro area in past several hours? My son at JMU said he heard thunder last night when that bow-echo-esque line of snow was tearing up I-81 from SW Virginia.

Archived