• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    W4ZWA
    Newest Member
    W4ZWA

March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

Good luck with the storm gang.  Hope yall cash in.

Looks like a good one finally on the doorstep.  Been chatting it up in my subforum cause peeps have been chatty, but i'm glad to see things hold for once.

Enjoy

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Our county announced a 2-hour early dismissal at 5:15 this morning.  My daughter was on the bus just a few minutes when word came that they had changed their minds and would be closing.  Its a 40 minute circuit that the bus makes and she was the last one back off after they turned buses around. 

Wow that is great. When it started over here HS kids were already mostly at school. And FCPS is not very good at snap decisions with weather. 

Just brought the kids to school in a heavy sleet storm.  It's already piling up on my lawn and deck.  33.3 degrees.

Zr during the day in march? Impossible! Or so I've been told by a lot of people who dont know what they're talking about but assure me they do. 

• Haha 1

Looks like I'm not the only one reporting FZRA.

I'm actually a little concerned that the daytime will keep the sleet line from moving south early, but the temps will remain at 31-32 like they are right now. Don't want significant accumulating ice.

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Zr during the day in march? Impossible! Or so I've been told by a lot of people who dont know what they're talking about but assure me they do. 

Dude, it can't even snow or sleet and accumulate during the daytime in March, much less ZR.  Soil temps were like 87 degrees yesterday.  These obs are lies. 

• Haha 2

Down to 33/32 here in Fairfax (Fair Lakes area) with a light drizzle.  No sleet mixing yet, but the snow/sleet isn't too far to my West, just eyeballing the radar. 

1 minute ago, MN Transplant said:

34.5 and rain in Falls Church.  Per CC, it looks like the frozen line is pretty steady state at the moment.

yeah.  rain is light with no sleet mixed in at all 

2 minutes ago, Allisong said:

32/29

Sleet now in Quince Orchard area of Gaithersburg. When the precip slows down it changes back to light rain/freezing rain. 

That's what I'm seeing too. You're not terribly far from me. heavy precip = sleet, light = periods of freezing rain accums.

7 minutes ago, cae said:

Just brought the kids to school in a heavy sleet storm.  It's already piling up on my lawn and deck.  33.3 degrees.

I also walked mine in heavy sleet mixed with massive snow flakes! They loved it lol

In Reisterstown now. 80 percent snow 20 percent sleet. Crazy what a 10 minute drive north on reisterstown gets you. Main roads caving. Skidded a bit out there