Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

nj2va

2 minutes ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

It's been a heavy wet snow. This is so different from last night and early this morning. Looks like 9-10". Low is getting going and more is now coming in from the northeast, maybe it will end dry

Wow...just 6 hours earlier of the coastal getting going and many of us could've seen more....so close!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WesternFringe said:

It's a large and populated county.  I am a teacher in Augusta County, and everything Cobalt described seems like normal operating procedure. What would you do better, Wonderdog?

I am not a teacher and have never worked in a school system but I have always wondered if it would be feasible to keep the schools open if a certain percentage of the students could make it to school on a particular snow day safely. Why close the entire school system for a storm like we had today where the roads have mostly been cleared in the more densely populated areas and they end up closing because a small percentage of the students is deemed to be making too much of a risk to get in.

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Someone could get an inch out of that tonight . Also if Euro is right with the next 5 days the northern tier might not break 40 till Tuesday  . Snow should stick around a while .

It was a fun storm....kids loved it.  Perfect sledding snow.

That March sun is serious this late.  Yesterday, 15 hours after it was 60f, I accumulated 6" on the asphalt driveway.  Very heavy snow with huge flakes were able to overcome any effect of the sun.  Today, I shoveled the drive and we couldnt accumulate anything the rest of the day.  Steady light/mod snow was not quite enough.  File this one in the memory bank....I know its not breaking news but rates really do make it or break it during the day this time of year.

Currently light snow 31/30

3 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Can anyone confirm?

Look at the radars! Wraparound is moving in from the north. This time we got no sun. Snow will readily accumulate.

Chill was not kidding about that ULL passing south of us with this storm, it just keeps redeveloping and redeveloping lol. I may have to stay up all damn night!

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am at 38 hours of snow now. And that band to the north looks amazing. Bring it!!!

You guys up in northern MD how is it?

I hope this band makes it down to you. Its' really nice.  I think I may be able to still another inch.

3 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

12" for storm total. 

I thought I was done but  I have moderate snow again and accumulating. This is a nice band dropping out of pa.

2 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

Solid steady light snow...not quite moderate.  Surprisingly the radar looks pretty decent 

This is what happened to Ohio late last night. Now, it is happening to US. That ULL is now dragging snow bands down from the north, as is the circulation from the still developing storm to our east. You wanted snow........You got it.

Get ready to dig and get ready to start revising totals up there lol

3 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Who was the winner guys?! Didn’t really have a chance to follow bc of work. I ended up with 8” down here in ROA, after that mega band destroyed my weenie and I nerded out.

Martinsburg, WV got the jack this time. They deserved it though. Been a tough couple years for us western guys. 

Archived