Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

nj2va

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Those may be superseded. That was just the last I saw. I’m surprised BWI was that low. Lots of higher totals nearby. 

It makes sense to me living pretty close to BWI, I saw totals south and east that were about 6, I was between them and BWI in Ferndale at exactly 5, and BWI recorded 4.5. Just north in southwest Baltimore a friend had 4 inches. 

1 hour ago, snowmagnet said:

It’s a big county, and western and northern sections got more.  Also, you have to remember they need to get all of the schools cleared as well as sidewalks for kids to walk on.  When staff is out all day, I don’t think they are able to get schools cleared for students to return.  

Fairfax County has too many "needs". 

At the height of the storm, maybe, maybe 4" in the grass at mid-morning.  Melted steadily after noon.  Roads were covered this morning, but were crystal clear by lunchtime.  I could not 'meh' a storm anymore than this one.  Got more from last March's storm, as well as every March storm from 2013, 2014, and 2015.

Saw reports of 8" around Harrisonburg and my coworker who lives in Bunker Hill looks to have the same.  36 hours of mostly snizzle.  This event fits this winter to a T.  My grade just went from F to F-.  

Archived