Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

nj2va

5 minutes ago, Tenman Johnson said:

Just got in for first time since 12 noon

my tech looked at it and you are being flooded by hackers.  Your server is hoarding space in reaction to this.

5.5" so far with steady snow all afternoon but rarely reaching moderate levels 

Hackers?  Nah, just weenies

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I probably got over 5" but I'm calling it 5" for nice even round numbers. Warning level event and beautiful scene. Great day. 

Still puking snow here pretty good. I should make 6 looking at radar, maybe more. Awesome day.

The best thing I have seen all day is occurring now- the wind dropping huge clumps of snow from the trees lol. So cool.

I took a nice Jebwalk earlier and the snow is really beautiful.  I had to walk through the woods to avoid the sidewalks and roads that people have shoveled and plowed.   I would say we probably got about 5" here in Fairfax, but it started compacting after most of it fell this morning.  It was lovely, but definitely underperformed.  I guess our Low pressure didn't get cranking until it headed northeast... as usual this winter/Spring.

2 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Last time I measured at 1pm I had 4.5". It's been snowing hard since then- I'm guessing we've added at least another 2" to that total. My oldest son and I built a snowman (in the background you can also see the Daffodils covered in snow).

IMG-0495.JPG

Correct! Just measured 6.5 inches here in Prince Frederick and I s snowing heavy still

Just now, Ji said:

dude the storm was lame. My blog people are way too nice

come on man stop focusing on how much it could have been... it was a nice storm and you know it. Imagine you are a little kid who loves snow and you don't have access to the internet and had no clue it was coming and today happened at the end of March. You would be running around outside like it was Christmas.

Close your eyes click your heels 3 times and smile Ji....It snowed!!

9 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

It sure doesn't look like anything else is coming. Never say never and all but I think at 4.3" total, this will be my biggest snowstorm I've ever witnessed, but I still have yet to experience a warning-level event that materializes.

Some pictures (before compaction)

Yea this storm was a tremendous disappointment.  Left work yesterday after a clean flush hit from the majority of the guidance expecting double digit snow and just barely verified warning criteria at work and home.  Maybe next year.

Ended up with around 5, with almost all of it falling over a fun three hour period. Overall, this storm gets a D+. It was supposed to snow well into the evening and it basically snowed until noon or so and then turned to light snow showers and the dripping began. The period this morning was great and saved the entire storm from being a total fail. This storm seemed to befuddle everyone, so I guess you just try to learn something from it and hope it helps in the future. Frustrating but fitting way to close out this winter.

2 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

This will definitely be the 2nd biggest storm since I've moved here (aside from the Jan. '16 HECS)- amazing considering the crappy start we had early this morning.

Exactly, I have to admit I was disappointed when I woke up to 33 and rain.. once it changed over it’s been coming down hard practically all day.

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Yea this storm was a tremendous disappointment.  Left work yesterday after a clean flush hit from the majority of the guidance expecting double digit snow and just barely verified warning criteria at work and home.  Maybe next year.

Dude. This would've been a double digit snowfall in January. This is late March. 4" or more (6-8" in some areas from the 2nd wave) is pretty good for late March. It may not have been the late March crippling snowstorm the Euro showed, but it's nothing to sneeze at.

4 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Looks like 3.5" will by my final in Falls Church.  Actually popped up over 36 degrees there for a bit.  Always nice to get snow, but this will not go down as a memorable storm in my neck of the woods.  I actually did better with both March 2013 storms (snowquester and 3/25).

It was a fine storm, especially for so late in the season, but it hasn’t been *that* impressive, particularly given guidance leading in.

1 minute ago, Cobalt said:

Dude. This would've been a double digit snowfall in January. This is late March. 4" or more (6-8" in some areas from the 2nd wave) is pretty good for late March. It may not have been the late March crippling snowstorm the Euro showed, but it's nothing to sneeze at.

But its late March. And the guidance did have trouble with this storm.

Archived