Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

nj2va

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Kind of entertaining that all of the reports from Arlington/McLean/Falls Church are lower than DCA.  We rarely lose, but it can happen.

Great post. As current and lifelong resident of McLean you are spot on. But we are trying to make up ground now!!

5 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Kind of entertaining that all of the reports from Arlington/McLean/Falls Church are lower than DCA.  We rarely lose, but it can happen.

It's interesting to me why it's so low.  DC to the East has more and Fair Lakes/Chantilly/Manassass to the West has more.  Were y'all just too warm, or what?

9 minutes ago, jayyy said:

We want it to tuck!!! We don’t want that energy kicking ENE too quickly. Moisture transport up the mouth of the bay is solid right now. Baltimore’s west suburbs and BWI are getting crushed right now. 

agreed and i meant to say southwest.  i clearly need to go for a walk now and get some blood flowing to my noggin.  i'm not sure we can really improve too much at this point, but it does look like a bust is off the table for now.

15 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Radar looking pretty paltry out here. Meso's not looking awesome for us far NW folks either. Maybe we can eek out another inch or 2. Cant really complain though. By far my biggest event since the 2016 blizzard. And really nice for a late March event.

That's what I was thinking as well. Looks like accumulating snow is mostly done for us. Hoping to squeeze out another inch to hit 8". Beautiful scene outside and loving every minute of it.

3 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

It's interesting to me why it's so low.  DC to the East has more and Fair Lakes/Chantilly/Manassass to the West has more.  Were y'all just too warm, or what?

Got snow-holed early on which gave the Western crew a head-start, then the best bands formed to the east. 

Doing well now though. Constant SN with occasional pulses of better stuff. 

Archived