Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

nj2va

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will help folks visualize what I was just talking about. Looks at the close h5 low. Lift on the NE side aided by strong inflow off the atlantic from SLP off the mouth of the bay. The entire thing will rotate underneath of us and OTS. Much can go right or wrong later but right now is money. 

fvs9kvt.jpg

5 minutes ago, Kleimax said:

dayum what the hell. And thats including all the sleet from yesterday

Yeah it includes yesterday, so at that point it was probably about 1.5" for the day. Last measurement yesterday evening was 2.2", and soon after it stopped snowing.

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

This will help folks visualize what I was just talking about. Looks at the close h5 low. Lift on the NE side aided by strong inflow off the atlantic from SLP off the mouth of the bay. The entire thing will rotate underneath of us and OTS. Much can go right or wrong later but right now is money. 

fvs9kvt.jpg

Great post.  Have to respect a good ULL pass.

MDstorm

3 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

I'm south of you near Springbook High School (can get there through the woods). 

Know that area well and went to Springbrook (loooooong ago). I'm guessing you lose a little elevation as you get toward the end of the streets by Northwest Branch and it's tributaries. I used to live behind Springbrook and would walk to school via Meadowood Drive when I missed the bus.

Just now, 87storms said:

rgem, similar to the nam, keeps the new coastal low tucked slightly closer to the coast/southeast this run.  not sure if that would make much of a difference here.  otherwise, no notable changes.

We want it to tuck!!! We don’t want that energy kicking ENE too quickly. Moisture transport up the mouth of the bay is solid right now. Baltimore’s west suburbs and BWI are getting crushed right now. 

Archived