Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

nj2va

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, snjókoma said:

Looks like the show is over in N Arlington. DCA and SW/SE DC doing great in their own little band, however it has been all pixie dust here. Maybe we could get to 3", but I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I almost decided to take a break from the board after last nights bad post diarrhea.

You should get 5"+ dude!

The one above you was the worst.  It was a pure sewage plant in here earlier this morning.  Worst I've ever seen it.

As I've maintained from the beginning, if I get 4", it's a win.   I think I'll make it.

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Just cracked 3". I agree with 87storms. We haven't seen the pivot yet. The shield could weaken and fall apart and bands align more SW-NE but we won't know for a few hours. Great storm so far. I might pull off 6". That would be sweet AF

I mean it’s pretty clearly going to be  the widespread warning level event we thought it would be. There will be relative winners and losers as always, but this is a win. Double so for March freaking 21st.

There’s carbon monoxide poisoning at my apartment building and we’ve been told to evacuate. I’ve been out here removing snow from the car (we can’t even use the indoor parking because they’ve been repairing it for past 4 months). It’s a mess. 

Still snowing here in Tyson’s. 

3 minutes ago, WeatherShak said:

The length of an average credit card is about 3.3 inches. This is about 1/4 mile from RFK Stadium in DC. Also other photo is weather nation crew building snowman41d16e13a800595c0fdbf4af651524e3.jpgc1d3c8e685e225b8f50aa8818e5492aa.jpg63abab5a06479fee05f28524732d349b.jpgaab84ad9eb5bfdb4bc72e60671ae0973.jpg

You can't be in DC, urban corridor..you should get only 1 to 3".  2 at most really.   I think you didn't measure right.   Please do it again in 23 different areas and also remove the snow so I can see the CC number next time.  Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

3" here - just measured a few minutes ago. Coming down very nicely. 

We're in a good spot for this one kenny! As the pivot rotates through we should continue to accumulate nicely as it tapers off to the west. 3" by 11am is right in line with my median expectations. Great storm man. Roads never stood a chance. 

8 minutes ago, snjókoma said:

Looks like the show is over in N Arlington. DCA and SW/SE DC doing great in their own little band, however it has been all pixie dust here. Maybe we could get to 3", but I doubt it.

I'm enjoying my show. About to go out and remeasure, cause even a chronic deb like you is measuring higher then me. I'll be outside walking my dog, enjoying the snow. Hope to see you around!

4 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

If anyone doubts my very low reports, take a look at this traffic cam right outside my neighborhood.

Traffic Cam Rt 355 and Rt 27

Sorry man. This is a very rare event where inside the beltway is beating G-town. Hopefully a band rotates your way soon.

I'll be jebwalking soon... pics from the Northwest Branch of the Anacostia River Valley coming later!

Edit: sun angle and march temps means snow can't accumulate on roads! :lol:

image.png.eccacc675af8eaf43f730257e8219bcf.png

If you look at the radar loop, inflow from the altantic and due west trajectory is still the primary motion. That will shift more NE-SW as time goes on. That part is a bit of a wildcard. Could be high ratio fluff in the banded structure or it could just be pulses. For now we're getting a very even distribution through much of the region. Good times. 

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I mean it’s pretty clearly going to be  the widespread warning level event we thought it would be. There will be relative winners and losers as always, but this is a win. Double so for March freaking 21st.

I should manage to eke out 5 inches by late afternoon, lol. Nice event for March.

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

We're in a good spot for this one kenny! As the pivot rotates through we should continue to accumulate nicely as it tapers off to the west. 3" by 11am is right in line with my median expectations. Great storm man. Roads never stood a chance. 

I probably had some compaction too. I knew the radar wasn't going to stay paltry when I woke up. It's the main reason I decided to go to bed around 8:30 and not get up until 3..and I could have slept longer. Long radar loop since around 4am is awesome. I hope this keeps up.

Archived