Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

nj2va

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kmlwx said:

Just remember to subtract out the amount from 12z to now! - unless you already did that :)

yea i'm just estimating, but i know there some of that needs to be subtracted due to the time it takes for the model to run, etc.  i also wonder if we might actually be getting 10:1 right now. 

1.7" here in N Arlington, but probably has snowed at least 2" with compaction. Light to moderate pixie dust having a very difficult time piling up, despite it being "heavy" snow by virtue of low visibility. Maybe another 0.25-0.5" of snow to go before this thing scoots east. Think I'll end somewhere around 2.2". Congrats to those east, west, north and south of me with higher totals.

6 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Sounds pretty similar to what I've got here in Colesville. 

Teach your son about taxes and take income tax from him!

I'll be at 3" by 11am or shortly after. 

I ordered my boy a new (used) iPhone off eBay last night. All his cash will go in my pocket. We have a deal. Lol.  My kids always earn their way. House rules. 

2 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Radar seems to show the heaviest returns are north and then east of DC proper right now - still coming down here good - it's been a cool radar to watch this morning. 

i think that pivots west a bit as the ull moves under us (which it's pretty much doing right now).  not sure how far west, but i like our corridor for now.

7 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Bob - what do you think about our area getting under a heavy band or some of those yellows east working their way over here? I'm not getting a whole lot from this green band over me. Maybe half inch an hour rates at best.

Just let it happen. No model is going to get heavy bands right. I'm under inch an hour stuff right now and radar is only green. Lol

27 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Yeah, I saw your 8 inch OBS.  That's still a darn-nice total, especially for this time of year.  North is always climo-favored, so this is really no surprise.  I guess what bothers me than anything was just the lack of precip; I'd been much less salty if we'd just received a significant rain event.  Oh, well, it is what it is.  Southern part of Fred Co is almost always the screw-zone in every event.  It's my fault for continuing to live here.

7.5 inches down 81 here in Augusta and still coming down. 27 degrees at 10:30.

19 minutes ago, MountainGeek said:

Approaching 7" here, 30/30. Snowing moderate/heavy powder.

Interesting thing is that almost all the snow (except for the ice/sleet/fatties at onset yesterday morning) has been pretty much straight powder. Was not expecting that, and we may be doing a lot better with the ratios than expected as well. 

Southern Jefferson county WV

CONGRATS MAN!!!! I KNEW that region would get shellacked but good! I might have 4 to 4.5 here! This is much much better than I had been holding out for. There were so damn many debs on that damn short range topic overnight that I was even starting to doubt just a little bit, but look at us now! WOO SNOW!

In a lull here west of Woodbridge. Roughly 4 inches. Give or take .25. Radar not looking as good for us on this side of the Potomac for now. Maybe a rotation or collapse from the north will get us going again...or not. No big deal. Either way, by far my biggest of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

In a lull here west of Woodbridge. Roughly 4 inches. Give or take .25. Radar not looking as good for us on this side of the Potomac for now. Maybe a rotation or collapse from the north will get us going again...or not. No big deal. Either way, by far my biggest of the season. 

Hoping and praying super hard for a heavy band! Its snowing  now but if we could just get kissed for 5 min by one of those incredible deathbands.........

Archived