Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

nj2va

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Approaching 7" here, 30/30. Snowing moderate/heavy powder.

Interesting thing is that almost all the snow (except for the ice/sleet/fatties at onset yesterday morning) has been pretty much straight powder. Was not expecting that, and we may be doing a lot better with the ratios than expected as well. 

Southern Jefferson county WV

3 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Got a little over 2" probably in Gaithersburg, can't go measure yet.

I'm really, really hoping for those yellows. Things have kind of slowed here and the greens just aren't getting it done. I really want to shoot for 6" today.

Keep hoping those bands will rotate into Moco... but I’m losing hope now.

4 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

Is it really not snowing yet out in Leesburg?

This is going to be a DCA north and east kind of storm. The SLP formed to far east to throw precip as far west as was depicted yesterday. The ULL was further west than modeled and the coastal was further east than modeled. That's why it took forever to get going. Took longer for the two to interact. And this is why precip is further east than modeled. 

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Every last person who cried bust, in here and any other threads, better hope this fails completely.  If not, I am going to troll the ever loving **** out them.   The boo birds were more obnoxious than normal earlier this morning.

Can’t wait.

Steady snow in Dale City. I really need corroboration here, It looks like it might be 4 inches but I AM getting extremely old these days, I could be slant sticking this. My daffodills were nearly 5 inches tall and they are COVERED with snow.

This thing is overperforming. It's outright BLATANT. Just wow and wow! Wide awake and utterly astonished at so much snow already in Dale City!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Every last person who cried bust, in here and any other threads, better hope this fails completely.  If not, I am going to troll the ever loving **** out them.   The boo birds were more obnoxious than normal earlier this morning.

Sorry 'bout that. :(  It's just tough to swallow seeing 8" in Ballenger Creek just 15 miles to my north when I have 2", then seeing the best bands setting up just east of me today.  Shoot I'm off today so I might as well get the old crusty Subaru out and go out for lunch up there.

Light snow; 31 degrees.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Over 2" now and pulsing between mod and light snow the last hour in Rockville. All surfaces covered. My son is going to make a fortune today. Had 5 driveways lines up already. Lol

Sounds pretty similar to what I've got here in Colesville. 

Teach your son about taxes and take income tax from him!

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Over 2" now and pulsing between mod and light snow the last hour in Rockville. All surfaces covered. My son is going to make a fortune today. Had 5 driveways lines up already. Lol

Bob - what do you think about our area getting under a heavy band or some of those yellows east working their way over here? I'm not getting a whole lot from this green band over me. Maybe half inch an hour rates at best.

Just now, stormtracker said:

Accidentally deleted my own post. :wacko:

LMAO!

I NEVER EVER doubted we would get snow. EVER.

No matter how bad things look, be it tracking a snowstorm, watching a ballgame, or participating in life, NEVER EVER give up early! Many are going to get shellacked all day by snow. Though I was wrong about us getting it in winter. It is spring lol.

Archived