• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

nj2va

things look good to me.  i imagine the main band will consolidate and shift a bit east as the coastal takes over, but i'm not really seeing any red flags.  still a nice precip shield extending down to the carolinas which makes sense given the upper level circulation is still to the west.  there might be enough leftover moisture from the first wave to keep this thing going in some fashion even when the low pulls further northeast later.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Yep. I saw that all night last night and was thinking how badly you got screwed again. It has been uncanny the past couple of years for you man. Feel bad for you. If it makes you feel any better 15 miles north of me has double my snow. I got VERY lucky to stay in the light snow all night last night.

Yeah, I saw your 8 inch OBS.  That's still a darn-nice total, especially for this time of year.  North is always climo-favored, so this is really no surprise.  I guess what bothers me than anything was just the lack of precip; I'd been much less salty if we'd just received a significant rain event.  Oh, well, it is what it is.  Southern part of Fred Co is almost always the screw-zone in every event.  It's my fault for continuing to live here.

8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

It’s dumping. Some big flakes mixing in under these yellows.

Yep.  HoCo is getting it good now.  Pixie dust and light snow here now, but those yellows keep getting closer and closer to me.  I think that I like how slow things are developing and moving because getting under those bands will change the landscape fast.

Archived