Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

nj2va

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Scraff said:

I’m disappointed so far, but I think things about to get rolling. Well I hope anyway. 

We’re good. We’re not getting 18” like a 10;1 interpretation of yesterday’s 12z euro, but a 5-10” Range looks good.

Rate has noticeably picked up in the last 10 mins.

Just now, WxUSAF said:

We’re good. We’re not getting 18” like a 10;1 interpretation of yesterday’s 12z euro, but a 5-10” Range looks good.

Rate has noticeably picked up in the last 10 mins.

Yes. Definitely picking up. I know we’ll do ok. You heading out to the hill?  ;)

Wow what a shock! I did not miss much, I managed to get 6 hours of sleep, and am now wide awake for SNOW!

Hey, when did this FINALLY start?

Looks like we have 2 inches in Dale City already!!!

This is already a BLATANT OVERPERFORMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ONLY expected an inch! Just WOW!!!

4 minutes ago, ScottishWarrior said:

I'm in southern Charles (La Plata). Can confirm mod to heavy snow. Sticking to everything. About an inch so far but it's piling up quickly.

We may make a run at Climo down here by the way it looks, anyway looked at traffic cameras in Lexington Park and there was nothing on the ground at 5 and 246, but it was snowing at 235 and 4

5 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

95 corridor from dc to Baltimore is going to get raked. Radar looks awesome rotating up from the south and east.There's got to be some 2 " per hour rates in that.

From your lips to the snow gods ears. Fingers crossed. :lol: Been ramping up here. Intensity good, but small flakes for now. 

Eta: moderate snow now. Flake size increasing. Roads caving quick. Much happier now. 

Just now, supernovasky said:

That's about what it looks like for me. I'm gonna take a pic probably in an hour after these bands have a decent chance to put some heavier rates.

If nothing else it's very picturesque out there. This is about the best it's looked all winter save for maybe that one storm where I got an inch or two. I wasn't around for that, though - so this is the top of season for me.

Big blob just to the east of DC!

5 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Yes. Definitely picking up. I know we’ll do ok. You heading out to the hill?  ;)

I'm with you. Disappointing because it's going to bust low, but it's picked up a lot here in the past half hour and radar is definitely getting better. If we can snow like this all day, we can make a push for six inches or so. Disappointing given what could have been, but solid for March 21.

Archived