Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

nj2va

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moderate snow in Laytonsville area. Accumulation steady and approaching 1" shortly. Banding rotating up from the southeast looks excellent and Central MD through NoVa will see a solid shield congeal over the area in the next several hours. As the upper low pivots eastward, we'll see our best stuff region wide and the radar will slowly collapse eastward late afternoon and evening. 

Just now, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

Well granted I’m under light returns still but I can confirm sleet in Dundalk

Yeah it looks like there's a bit of "fuzziness" over that way - it seems pretty limited in coverage though. It doesn't stretch very far beyond there. 

Streets and sidewalks have completely caved... just measured 1.1 inches in SE DC at my house.

Moderate snow continues... rates are great... temp still 31

Looks like the radar returns of bright green/yellow, the heaviest snow, are going to impact DC directly.

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Starting to get darker here and snow-globe looking with big flakes going in opposite directions.  Really hoping that the returns on the radar just southeast of here that are rotating in are the real deal.

Oh yeah, radar is looking great, much better than it did even an hour ago. Really looking forward to this.

Archived