Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

nj2va

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried to stay up last night but things never got going. Even set my alarm to check radar a few times not wanting to miss anything. Awoke now to a nice snow falling and a fresh 2 inches bringing my storm total to 5. It finally feels like a decent snowstorm to me.  I'm happy, anything additional is a bonus!

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Obs
Sun has risen but continues to fail in melting the snow 
Radar looking better by the hour, with non white rain echoes continuing to develop around mby
Temperature remains steady at 29.7 with a dew point of 29
ULL not dried up yet
Dendrites falling
Hot coco in mug
Partially disrobed

Could have left the 'Partially disrobed' out of your obs. I just hurled my morning coffee. On that note  a cup of hot coco sounds like the ticket.

Been snowing moderately for the last hour or so in Burke. 29° with a bit over 1” on the ground...with grass, sidewalks, and streets completely covered.

Didn’t lose any QPF to sleet or freezing rain once these returns filled in, and streets caved immediately. Trees holding onto the snow, as well. Really pretty sight.

A healthy moderate snow in SSW Franconia/Kingstowne now. Haven’t gone out to measure yet but based on past storms this winter I’d guess I’m getting close to 0.5”.

In the 1.1 mile round trip drive to Starbucks, the roads were a bit slushy but fine. Had a nice little ice layer on the car I had to hack off.

Counted 19 plows on my drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Light  sleety snow, 30F.  Nothing impressive at this point.  Off treated pavement, we have a solid base of frozen sleet 1-2", so if it falls it will accumulate. 

Just north of Baltimore city/county border, a couple of miles inside the Baltimore Beltway, Greenspring Ave.

wx0820.thumb.jpg.961dd8522f6c50e47996e52d4836f623.jpg

Archived