March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

nj2va

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Z-Cast said:

77.thumb.PNG.c600c42a8665d0ea4732e1e14e885474.PNG 

I don't get this.

I don't know what the point of having a map like this does for anybody.  It basically shows anything is possible.  While that may be the case, the point of making a forecast is to go out on a limb a little bit.  I really like the guys and girls and enjoy their write-ups, but the maps are too much for me.

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

RenderedContent-F51D319D-2ABC-4779-B333-761058C885D9.thumb.JPG.b2298294265d6004da8fc4b930a32a7c.JPGRenderedContent-76DD073E-556C-4367-91FE-E930D5439319.thumb.JPG.786fdb8a4f0e16ececc41a1018ec567f.JPGRenderedContent-B3D26851-ACC9-4AF8-BF81-A5C2ADE6EB88.thumb.JPG.57fb0413eb39872567f21ad359f635d4.JPGRenderedContent-7271172F-49DC-4C3A-937A-63EEF482FB01.thumb.JPG.6da8b3650ebc7f62043c74e6f6dd5f61.JPG

Congrats PSU.  From the looks of the drift on the roof of the garage you had some decent wind today.  Yes?  Seen wind mentioned a couple of times for tomorrow - 20-25kts.  That could make things even more interesting.  Especially on the roads.  The various DOTs will be even more challenged to keep up.

1 minute ago, SnowGolfBro said:

I don't know what the point of having a map like this does for anybody.  It basically shows anything is possible.  While that may be the case, the point of making a forecast is to go out on a limb a little bit.  I really like the guys and girls and enjoy their write-ups, but the maps are too much for me.

Also the northern tier already has 6-8 so unless it doesn’t snow again....

2 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Also the northern tier already has 6-8 so unless it doesn’t snow again....

Its a CYA map.  No matter what happens during the next 24 hours they can claim victory.  Id prefer if they hashed it out together, and made a bold call one way or the other.  But I know they are under pressure to get it right, which is basically impossible with this kind of storm.

Some out west have more than that lol, heard Berkeley County is near a foot already, and that was back at 5pm lol
Yep...we're at almost a foot already. Still snowing...it hasn't stopped at all since it started early this morning. Can't wait to see what tonight and tomorrow brings!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Days like this are when the difference between my backyard and the true northern tier becomes apparent.  I have a layer of about 0.4" of snow on top of a sheet of congealed sleet about 0.7" thick.  Should be a good base for the next round though.

6 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Mods pls remove if this is off topic and banter. I like the inclusion of boom and bust, but I think the odds are too high on each of those.  There's a 100% chance of 2-14" inches! But there's only a 50% chance that the main 4-8" forecast verifies? That's already a pretty decent spread.  Boom/bust should be limited to maybe 10%/10%

Just now, Mama2Many said:

Yep...we're at almost a foot already. Still snowing...it hasn't stopped at all since it started early this morning. Can't wait to see what tonight and tomorrow brings!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am really happy for you! I decided to chase snow to Jefferson this afternoon. It was snowing there when we arrived, I started to see snow on the ground in eastern Rt 9 near Paeonian Springs, and it only deepened as I traveled west. By CharlesTown it was 2 inches deep and the snow kept on falling. It was still coming on down as I left at 530pm. Wish i could have gone to Berkeley and stayed there into tomorrow. I hope you get a lot more snow!

Just now, Dendrimer77 said:

The big DARK blues are showing up on radar in SW VA. Hope that tracks NE and rips on the entire sub forum.

Those dark blues you speak of are LITERALLY INSANEEE!! Just had what looked like a transformer blew outside and a crack of thunder that rocked the whole house. It is snowing the biggest flakes I have ever seen in my life and I have been through some crazy blizzards when I lived in the northeast. Amazingness!! 

4 minutes ago, cae said:

Days like this are when the difference between my backyard and the true northern tier becomes apparent.  I have a layer of about 0.4" of snow on top of a sheet of congealed sleet about 0.7" thick.  Should be a good base for the next round though.

If it makes you feel any better I'm in Canton and I only have about .25" of sleet and absolutely no snow to head into tomorrow with

5 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Its a CYA map.  No matter what happens during the next 24 hours they can claim victory.  Id prefer if they hashed it out together, and made a bold call one way or the other.  But I know they are under pressure to get it right, which is basically impossible with this kind of storm.

I dont know how they will be able to do that. The have Winchester in the 2-5 zone. EVERY meso gives my area at least .5 pdf by 10 AM tomorrow morning. I guess we will see.

2 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Those dark blues you speak of are LITERALLY INSANEEE!! Just had what looked like a transformer blew outside and a crack of thunder that rocked the whole house. It is snowing the biggest flakes I have ever seen in my life and I have been through some crazy blizzards when I lived in the northeast. Amazingness!! 

That's awesome! Enjoy it! I see you're in Salem, I'm up in Cville and can't wait to see that come through here. I'm a Hokie through and through though, lol

2 minutes ago, Dendrimer77 said:

That's awesome! Enjoy it! I see you're in Salem, I'm up in Cville and can't wait to see that come through here. I'm a Hokie through and through though, lol

Yea man temps I believe are above freezing but it is literally snowing so hard they are completely covered at this point. 

11 minutes ago, cae said:

That's the main part for our yards...tomorrow! And indeed a nice base for stickage!!

Archived