• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

nj2va

Temps stayed right at 33ish all afternoon. Mostly rain until 4 when sleet and snow started. Barely a dusting. 32.1F now. It might get icy overnight

waiting and relying on snow tomorrow. We shall see.  Not sure I have faith in the modeled snow yet to fall. Been skunked before

edit: E of Springfield,Va. south of the beltway

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, fourseasons said:

Airlines are already announcing cancellations of early morning flights from DCA for tomorrow, so your friend should check with the airline.  Know which airport your friend is connecting through?

No idea. I'm going through Chicago assuming the delays don't screw up the whole east coast.

1 minute ago, DJnVa said:

No idea. I'm going through Chicago assuming the delays don't screw up the whole east coast.

I'm looking at the flights from 6:00 a.m. to noon on FlightStats and there are a lot of cancellations already, so definitely encourage your friend to check with the airline.

8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Lovely parachutes falling.

5 minutes ago, Herb@MAWS said:

Best snows of the day.  Parachutes overload, 30.8°

4 minutes ago, Scraff said:

I confirm that. Straight heavy metal! ;)

Instant road stickage. 1” within reach soon.

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

I am confused over back-building obs already - are we not waiting on the initial bands to form overhead and overspread the area first?

Still some lift going on with a boundary draped over us. Mesos show it ongoing (and the globals) but not much qpf through 2am. Looks like a tenth or two mostly north of the potomac. 

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Man. Thats awesome. I missed the heavy stuff by 10-15 miles. Got stuck in a lull all day. I got 3.2 here.

Same here. Got a lot of pings and then just over 2" while 5+ miles north of me cleaned up. But that's just climo. Looking forward to round 2.

Archived