Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

nj2va

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Precip has stopped temporarily.  Temp shot up to 34.8.

33.1 and temp and dew are both dropping gradually in Silver Spring even though I'm in a lull. Don't see how you're rising in gaithersburg, most of the other stations in gaithersburg are steady/dropping.

My PWS for reference https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMDSILVE107

1 minute ago, mattb65 said:

33.1 and temp and dew are both dropping gradually in Silver Spring even though I'm in a lull. Don't see how you're rising in gaithersburg, most of the other stations in gaithersburg are steady/dropping.

My PWS for reference https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMDSILVE107

We have an EOC wx station that I can dial into.  Up to 34.9.  

Just now, Amped said:

Have about 1" on the cars and .5" on the roads

I keep mixing with sleet, but still have at least 1/2"  on all surfaces.

If I remember you are downtown, right?  We have more than that outside of downtown.  Not a lot more, but more.  Probably an inch on paved surfaces and more on the grass.

34 degrees with moderate rain and sleet. We have a sleet coating on all surfaces.

The tone of this subforum is amazing, I feel absolutely reborn this morning.

I am absolutely cheering all you guys on in the mountains and up in the northern tier of our subforum for an absolutely massive, devastating shellacking of snow with this!

There are so many new posts per second, that I cannot even keep up! This reminds me of the 2009-2010 Winter.

Just now, EastCoast NPZ said:

No rates here to speak of.  My worry all-along.  Radar clearly indicates precip focused to our east.  Northern MD special in the works.  Euro is going to bust out this way, I think.

Even FDK might be a bit west based on the progression.  Looks like the hammer will be thrown down on the Mt. Airy to N. Bmore County area.

23 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I would expect the watch to changes to advisories / warnings after the 12z guidance comes in.  We're within the 24 hours of the event starting now.  Wonder if they go advisory for Central MoCo south through DC and warning up north.  Probably the conservative thing to do.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they will go for a WWA for heavy snow during the morning rush and potential T-snow with the 4 to 6" on their maps for MoCo and DC.  

Just now, Amped said:

I'm in Ballenger Creek

Ah Ok.  You're about 5mi south of me.  There was a bit more fluff here than when I came back from Ballenger about an hour ago, but that could have just been what fell in the 10-15 mins it took to get back.

Archived