Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20-21 Storm Banter and Party Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

I will NEVER understand the storm day after delays/closings that we do for snowstorms, especially for yesterdays storm where roads basically melt out on there own.  It's such a waste.  Just clear off your car and go to school/work, it's really not a big deal.  

but, but...public safety!

I stayed away from this place all day yesterday from the advice of @mappy and that it just wasn’t working at times.  And it was fantastic. Why?  Because I chose to enjoy whatever snow I got and not care, obsess, b**ch or moan over the fact that the storm busted IMBY.

i only got 3”.  3. 

Forecast was 4-8 so minimum I wanted was 4. Didn’t even get that.  So for all the people here who got more and yet complained that’s why I stayed away.  The fun gets totally sucked out of events like this reading all the crying and whining. Some of the people that post here are just unable to take what comes and make the best of it.  And that is sad.

i spent my day watching it snow almost all day in March.  Once my temps got above 32 none of it stuck but it was so nice to watch. I just didn’t care anymore. I went walking with my kids.  I took pictures of pretty snow sticking to things.  I made a snowman for the first time in years with my kids. And I had a freaking blast doing it.  Give me a day like yesterday again. My kids were out until after 6 enjoying the snow. 

I will I’ll always want more snow. I was disappointed for sure. But I don’t define my life or existence and frozen flakes. Mappy shared her snow totals with me all day and not once did I make her feel bad for what she had by being in a better spot.  I was happy for her and all that fell.  I even apologized to her if I had seemed like a Debbie Downer.  I hold nothing against those who got more than me. That’s how it goes. 

The storm was a bust for me but I enjoyed the hell out of it.  Because I decided that my snow was my snow and it was good enough.  

How does other people talking about the storm being a bust and potentially not enjoying it as much as you effect your enjoyment of a storm? How are *those* people the head cases? lol

If what other people is posting on the internet is affecting your enjoyment that much, you probably did the right thing by removing yourself. 

4 minutes ago, Jandurin said:

Uh because if someone is like "this storm sucks" it's going to make it less fun

Like if you're watching a movie with someone and they're hating it when you're enjoying it

Sometimes I wonder if people here actually talk to other people.

It did suck. For a lot of us. I'm sorry that effected your enjoyment of the storm. I'd posit you care way too much what strangers on the internet are posting about the weather. A lot of people here apparently do.

My wife hates a lot of movies I like. She lets me know constantly - doesn't make me enjoy them any less. YMMV obviously.  For me, the bitching *about* the bitching (just like the constant quoting of bad posts here) is the worst part. 

21 minutes ago, NattyBo said:

How does other people talking about the storm being a bust and potentially not enjoying it as much as you effect your enjoyment of a storm? How are *those* people the head cases? lol

If what other people is posting on the internet is affecting your enjoyment that much, you probably did the right thing by removing yourself. 

Because that's how every community, online or not, operates. The ones having meltdowns are the head cases. Think about it-- you were a grown man having a public tantrum. Most people who are disappointed can keep it relatively in check and don't just crap all over a thread. You can't. It's not us, it's you. 

1 minute ago, DCTeacherman said:

I mean I could understand after blizzard 2016 when there was 10-30 inches of snow on side roads and it was literally impossible to travel but today its basically going to be a beautiful chilly spring day.  

There were lanes that were just closed for over a week. Repurposed as snow lanes. But yeah, 2 hour late opening for feds is pretty silly. I'm not going to comment on school system stuff.

2 minutes ago, Jandurin said:

There were lanes that were just closed for over a week. Repurposed as snow lanes. But yeah, 2 hour late opening for feds is pretty silly. I'm not going to comment on school system stuff.

It seems like people are just used to it so they are outraged if it doesn't happen.  You really don't need 2 hours to scrape the snow off your car.  

1 minute ago, DCTeacherman said:

It seems like people are just used to it so they are outraged if it doesn't happen.  You really don't need 2 hours to scrape the snow off your car.  

Especially as the storm ended midday for most.

It's not like we got 6 inches during the night or something.

I had my car cleared off at 1pm.

I get the complaints about schools in towards the city. Every road is basically cleared and dry at this point most likely. But you all cant forget the outer burbs. There are tree lined back roads in Western Loudoun that I can guarantee you are a disaster right now. I know. I grew up there. They had 7-8 inches of snow on them last night and the sun never reaches the blacktop because they are shaded.  And it is like that for a big portion of the western counties this morning. Buses literally cannot navigate on them. Now if you want to argue about the parents who wont take their kids a half a mile to meet the bus on clear roads, you have an argument.

1 hour ago, DCTeacherman said:

My wife does it for me in between her manicures, pedicures and massages. So it generally takes her over two hours.

2 hours ago, H2O said:

The storm was a bust for me but I enjoyed the hell out of it.  Because I decided that my snow was my snow and it was good enough.  

I think we can all take away something from this. 

From now on, I've decided my wife is my wife and she's good enough.  

Archived