joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 20-21 Storm Banter and Party Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing I can't get over is how a lot of folks on here year after year insist on coming into the forums to post over and over again 

"won't get it done" - yes we all know that light rates won't get it done. If you are done tracking the storm call it quits and move onto the weekend storm or to tracking 70 degree days. After all these years tracking various weather events together you guys should ALL know that we get it...at least the veterans do. We've also seen enough times where radar blossoms after everyone gives up to know better than to write off a storm at 5:40am when rates weren't even supposed to have cranked yet. 

Go get some sleep guys - if you're done with the storm be done with it. 

Work is gonna be hell today. But you are right, at least I haven’t disappointed Loudon Facebook followers...
I told them last night a bust was coming. Also warned them if we dont get good rates...we won't even get 3. Teacher's got their snow day. Lol. Euro eps had 50 of 51 with more than 6 in dc

21 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

You'll be fine. Rates can overcome March 21st sun angle. Totals may be cut back - but if you get 1-2 inch an hour rates for a time even the roads will give up pretty easily. 

Thank you. Snow started up here in Lancaster county yesterday morning right around 10:00am. Over the next 4 hours we received 5.5" of snow. Those saying this is a bust because it isn't starting until later this morning...it sure worked out fine here yesterday. Rates WILL overcome if it's heavy. (though decidedly less on roads)

The one thing I can't get over is how a lot of folks on here year after year insist on coming into the forums to post over and over again 

"won't get it done" - yes we all know that light rates won't get it done. If you are done tracking the storm call it quits and move onto the weekend storm or to tracking 70 degree days. After all these years tracking various weather events together you guys should ALL know that we get it...at least the veterans do. We've also seen enough times where radar blossoms after everyone gives up to know better than to write off a storm at 5:40am when rates weren't even supposed to have cranked yet. 

I don't doubt the precip. It will snow all day but im worried about rates. If not intense..accumulation will be difficult

2 minutes ago, Ji said:
7 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:
Work is gonna be hell today. But you are right, at least I haven’t disappointed Loudon Facebook followers...

I told them last night a bust was coming. Also warned them if we dont get good rates...we won't even get 3. Teacher's got their snow day. Lol. Euro eps had 50 of 51 with more than 6 in dc

At least your teacher followers won’t kill you. I’m gonna remember this Euro and its ensembles bust for a long long time.

2 minutes ago, Ji said:
6 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

You know it's gonna be brutal in there today lol

Just now, Kmlwx said:

You're message falls on deaf ears. Some of them are in the whine and bring misery to all mode.

6 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

You're message falls on deaf ears. Some of them are in the whine and bring misery to all mode.

Says the guy last night who was getting mad at everyone who pointed out that virtually every model was significantly cutting back on precip. Whoops. It appears that yes, when all the models did that, they were actually seeing something, or more like seeing nothing. Imagine that.

4 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

If we end up with six inches from this, you all can bump troll me for years, but come on, let’s be real, we need massive rates once daybreak hits and radar looks not great for those kinds of rates.

But you of all people should know after being on the forums this long that the radar can change very quickly. But yeah - it's the banter thread. I generally stay out of these and now I know why ;)

I'm definitely not trying to start conflict or anything. 

Archived