Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 20-21 Storm Banter and Party Thread

WxUSAF

4 minutes ago, Scraff said:

What’s everyone partying up with his evening? Haven’t done this since 2016 so let’s hear what’s on tap.

Me:

Hysteria Brewing:

25th Hour (appropriate). Coffee Imperial Stout. 

Trash Panda — New England IPA. FBoston!

Monasterium — Sour Cherry Tripel

Key Brewing:

Behind the Country Club NEIPA

Hardywood Brewing:

Barrel Aged Gingerbread Stout from 2016. 

4 wheel over tonight and I’m happy to share all of it. Bring Jebwalk/sledding gear too.  It’s happening...

I’m out of vodka, but have Redemption whiskey, Jack and a bottle of wine

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

**** with the board going to heck I left for a bit. Someone moderated those posts. I'll get him next time. :P 

Plant yourself in the truth. I don't want to have to come after you lol

I honestly want to take a nap & get away from this board so I don't have to see the model thread getting filled with posts about how the GFS means that this storm is gonna bust. We do this routine every. single. storm. 

We're complaining over the GFS showing 4-6" when last run it showed 6-8"? It's almost as if we're in a snow drought. If we were in a good year, sure. Shoot for the moon, but this is a late March save. 

1 minute ago, Cobalt said:

I honestly want to take a nap & get away from this board so I don't have to see the model thread getting filled with posts about how the GFS means that this storm is gonna bust. We do this routine every. single. storm. 

We're complaining over the GFS showing 4-6" when last run it showed 6-8"? It's almost as if we're in a snow drought. If we were in a good year, sure. Shoot for the moon, but this is a late March save. 

Not sure how you got that takeaway from any of the posts I made. 

13 minutes ago, Scraff said:

What’s everyone partying up with his evening? Haven’t done this since 2016 so let’s hear what’s on tap.

Me:

Hysteria Brewing:

Key Brewing:

Hardywood Brewing:

4 wheel over tonight and I’m happy to share all of it. Bring Jebwalk/sledding gear too.  It’s happening...

What ever the husband is making cocktail wise. :)

7 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

You better include MoCo in that shading man. There's always one in the county. NW MoCo or the famous Rockville/Columbia death band will come knocking

You know it brutha! The thing is...nobody is getting missed tomorrow. We're all getting snow. There ain't no outside looking in on this one. 

Being completely honest...there are some yards I'm rooting against tomorrow becuase my eyes have been totured reading awful posts. 

4 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

You better include MoCo in that shading man. There's always one in the county. NW MoCo or the famous Rockville/Columbia death band will come knocking

That band is sort of a mix of Pantera/Anthrax and maybe Testament. LOLz. Actually not heavy enough, but that’s as heavy as I go. Well maybe Killswitch Engage, but no further. \m/

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

You know it brutha! The thing is...nobody is getting missed tomorrow. We're all getting snow. There ain't no outside looking in on this one. 

Being completely honest...there are sone yards I'm rooting against tomorrow becuase my eyes have been totured reading awful posts. 

I'm excited. Seen this type of H5 progression before. We cash out on these deals. The normal areas will get theirs and then it'll shift east-northeast. We go through this every major storm. If I get only 6", I'll still be happy because the scene tomorrow will be wonderful with daytime snow and pillows falling from the sky. We haven't really had that this year where everyone gets in on it, and now we will. Here's to one big MoCo death band Bob :drunk:

23 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Me:

Hysteria Brewing:

Key Brewing:

Hardywood Brewing:

Some Voodoo Ranger IPA and maybe if I see some flakes before I go to bed ill crack open the Eliot Ness Great Lakes bottle that's been in my fridge since December

11 minutes ago, DanTheMan said:

Who wants to bet DCA doesn't record an inch? 

I have been thinking that all day.

I can't shake the feeling that the super mega awesome shocking heavy rates will never quite materialize tomorrow. I am having visions of watching scattered light precip hang around through mid-morning and then the whole thing simply lifts NE. Short range models will keep insisting there will be a final band right until it's gone.

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

I can't shake the feeling that the super mega awesome shocking heavy rates will never quite materialize tomorrow. I am having visions of watching scattered light precip hang around through mid-morning and then the whole thing simply lifts NE. Short range models will keep insisting there will be a final band right until it's gone.

My head hurts just by thinking of that

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

While I tend to believe that everyone is probably going to do alright tomorrow, I just cant stop thinking about 3/6/13. I know different set up/situation yada yada, but disappointment like that sticks with you for life

1 minute ago, Cobalt said:

My head hurts just by thinking of that

I know it would suck but I am having visions of it. I can see the radar in my head and also visualize the posts here, half whining and half hanging on to HRRR and RAP fantasies of a final band saving the storm.

I will just say that given the time of year and marginal upper level temps we need big rates for this to work. It needs to to come down in buckets.

Archived