Newest Member
    Dano62
March 20-21 Storm Banter and Party Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WeSuck said:

Oh I know. I just think Leesburg ends up with more than 3 inches. If that is all we get, then I am happy I changed my screen name...

Hope I'm wrong but I think what you see out your window now is what you see into the afternoon. Could be nasty ice honestly 

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

You mean with the first wave

No for whole thing...i said it a few days ago so I'm not radar panicking I just don't think today really brings the goods. I know it's early so I most definitely can be wrong but....its just light drizzle here and has been for awhile. 

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Just know that some of us love you and appreciate you. Don't jump. Don't ever jump. 

I'm more ready to lose my shiit over how gifs don't embed anymore.  Eff the storm.  I can't express myself if i can't post funny ass images.

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Why the hell would they send kids to school and then turn right around and talk about early dismissal  

The busses were already on the road before this all started. And FCPS is known for not making snap decisions. And also they get kids into school so that those who rely on the hot lunch for the day to be able to eat. They will most likely get a 3 hr. early dismissal which gives the schools time to do lunch. 

7 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

The busses were already on the road before this all started. And FCPS is known for not making snap decisions. And also they get kids into school so that those who rely on the hot lunch for the day to be able to eat. They will most likely get a 3 hr. early dismissal which gives the schools time to do lunch. 

2hr dismissals were more common from my experiences as a student in the county (VA).

10 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Why the hell would they send kids to school and then turn right around and talk about early dismissal  

Because of public pressure... Nothing was happening when school started.  What happened if it just rained the rest of the day.  Then all the parents would be up in arm.  For some parents, it takes a lot of effort to find accommodations on snow days.

Just now, Interstate said:

Because of public pressure... Nothing was happening when school started.  What happened if it just rained the rest of the day.  Then all the parents would be up in arm.  For some parents, it takes a lot of effort to find accommodations on snow days.

I am originally from the Midwest and you hit the nail on the head. The bitching that goes on with parents to these school systems is insane. This system was truly in my opinion a hard call on the school systems. I am not at all upset that they did not do a delay to start. There is a rule with FCPS that if you feel as a parent that it is not safe for your child to get to school you may keep them home as an excused absence. 

2 hr. early dismissal announced. And the bitching has started on FB. It always surprises me that people think they just pull stuff out of their butt. They consult with Mets and county road management to determine their decisions. And also with their own drivers. 

That being said I just saw that we were upgraded to a Winter Storm Warning till 8pm tonight replacing the Advisory. 

Archived