Newest Member
    joxey
March 20-21 Storm Banter and Party Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Storm mode thread should be unlocked. We have 36 hours of stuff to discuss and tomorrow is evolving.  Model disco is still important. 

Agree. I did suggest a modification to the obs thread  title which was done, but it could get really messy in there.

1 minute ago, dallen7908 said:

Perhaps we can title this ... because we do complicated well

Wanted to see Orioles play a spring training game this year.  Chose a game late this week.   Got a flight out of BWI tomorrow morning at 10.  Suggestions? 

Good luck.  I would expect a lot of flights canceled tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Going to sound like a weenie here but....

Looking over all the models I get the feeling they aren't bringing everything to the table on our coastal. They aren't quite hitting on all cylinders yet. I can see even further upside potential here, and yes even the Euro. 

I’ve been thinking all along that we haven’t maxed out our QPF potentials. I remember a storm (don’t remember year) where suddenly we went from single digit snow forecasts to double digit forecasts within a day. Either way, this event is going to rock!

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It's going to get too crowded. Obs pages tick up every 10 mins when its snowing. I might make an executive decision. 

I support your choice. I think it was too soon to close the model thread. 

NAM3k has the surface below freezing in MOCO around the beltway starting at ~noon today. Looking at the surface wet bulb map that might occur a little bit sooner.

The warm pavement prior to the storm might help limit impact but with heavy sleet through the afternoon the PM commute could be a nightmare today since all schools, govt and businesses are open. I think early dismissal will be needed in Moco, Hoco, Baltimore, Carroll, etc. but even with early dismissal if the temps verify <32F this early the driving conditions might be pretty bad.

33 minutes ago, dallen7908 said:

Perhaps we can title this ... because we do complicated well

Wanted to see Orioles play a spring training game this year.  Chose a game late this week.   Got a flight out of BWI tomorrow morning at 10.  Suggestions? 

Easy.

Baseball sucks, so don't bother going. Stay home instead.

:hurrbear:

7 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I'm just glad I'm woke up to a forum that doesn't incite internal rage. 

Sit back and enjoy this one, folks.

We've all waited too damn long to see the glory of snow. 

Some longer than others. Bomb Cyclone 1! 

Whatever I get from this is gravy. Its an event to really experience as its happening. Hopefully its a big ol paste job. Wont be much time to get out and enjoy it once it ends.

1 hour ago, NovaTarHeel said:

I was hoping for 6", the Euro said no problem, and the NAM 3k said double that amount.  If I get more than a foot of snow in Mid-March, I don't know what I'd do with myself. 

I'm also in Fairfax and have been here since '94. We typically do pretty good with the banding from coastal storms, so I'm super excited about the potential , even though it is March.  

1 minute ago, snowmagnet said:

I'm also in Fairfax and have been here since '94. We typically do pretty good with the banding from coastal storms, so I'm super excited about the potential , even though it is March.  

Hope so!  I was in Herndon for the blizzard in '16.  Prior to that I lived in NC and then Richmond.  So, I haven't seen much snow.

It's 34/32 here now, so the temps is steady dropping!

Archived