Newest Member
    joxey
March 20-21 Storm Banter and Party Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ers-wxman1 said:

06z NAM is a different kind of look. Tucked in low close to the coast idea has backed away, tight gradient north of the M/D line, but our area gets absolutely raked with heavy snow. Bullseye right across from 95 to I-81. Easily double digit snows on the 12km. 500 is closed off, deepening, and crossing a textbook location for us. 

So much better when ers shows up to talk dirty. All year he has been dropping truth bombs on our countless fails.

Kind of curious why some continue to look at the (low resolution) ensembles when its practically game time and now is the time to parse the small scale details. The higher resolution of the Euro op and the Mesos are where its at. The ensembles are useless at this point. If they dont concur with the op now, then there would have to be a major flaw in the model, lol.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yes. 6 hours. I feel fresh.

Yeah same. Tonight’s the night I plan to stay up a little later as I expect to be home tomorrow. Gonna head in to work today and plan to head home early at some point 

18 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Kind of curious why some continue to look at the (low resolution) ensembles when its practically game time and now is the time to parse the small scale details. The higher resolution of the Euro op and the Mesos are where its at. The ensembles are useless at this point. If they dont concur with the op now, then there would have to be a major flaw in the model, lol.

At this point they are basically useless. Pretty much follow the leader with the op which is to be expected. But, and I know you will disagree with this, yesterday they did still have some utility as they did tell us that the GFS op was still underplaying the potential. 

I expect north and west of the cities to be early dismissal for sure. Central MD will probably wait until late morning to make a decision, but I imagine they will dismiss early as well.

And with how eager school systems have been to shut down this year, I can see closures being called not long after when the warnings pop up. 

As I see the typical complaints about watches, warnings ect... popping up once again I was just wondering if we can keep the model and storm thread somewhat clean of that? Maybe even keep school closings, government closings, etc... out of the thread as well?

Please?

Pretty please?

Pretty please with a cherry on top? 

19 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

Temperatures have dropped to 35 degrees on Braddock Road at the Beltway. I look for an earlier changeover than what's being forecast.

Coming up from the south into Merrifield my car temp(2 degrees warm) went from 39 to 37. Weatherbug near me says 35 now. Let that cold air bleed

9 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

As I see the typical complaints about watches, warnings ect... popping up once again I was just wondering if we can keep the model and storm thread somewhat clean of that? Maybe even keep school closings, government closings, etc... out of the thread as well?

Please?

Pretty please?

Pretty please with a cherry on top? 

I tried to go back and clean it up some but 5 people love to make shiitposts every time that add nothing.  

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I went to bed before the Euro last night because I was confident with what was being modeled by the rest of the 0z suite that I was in a good spot for this one. But wow. The Euro is ridiculous. And now the 6z runs are basically supporting it. Crazy

You look to clean up out there...enjoy the storm!!

Really bad timing on this system this morning. Schools in Frederick already had busses running the HS runs when the sleet started. I just stepped out on the deck and the sleet is very slippery. It is accumulating on the hard surfaces also. I am expecting an early dismissal but how early will be interesting. They have done 3 hours before to make sure that the kids who rely on a school lunch get lunch, but they chance the conditions of the roads. 

Archived