Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 20-21 Storm Banter and Party Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Deck Pic said:

GFS is money. 1/25/11. Too bad the varsity models come out an hour later. 

You did not..

that storm will always be near and dear to my heart. One of my earliest memories of a snow event (although I vividly remember sledding on a glacier of snow/ice in 2007). I'm assuming the first memory is the Valentines day storm?

22 minutes ago, Interstate said:

This is pretty bold

image.thumb.png.28d89a4f5ead154fbcd95eddc4f471cf.png

This makes no sense especially when you see 8-15” as part of Philly but literally 2 miles away across the Delaware River in Camden Co it shows 4-8”??? I guess that’s what that is, the shades there look like they’re in a shadow.

17 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

Happy hour GFS delivers lol. 

I would like to thank @Jebman in advance for promising that we would get shellacked by snow even before this threat showed up and 80% of the subforum had hung up their boots. If we couldn't get snow in winter, we sure as heck can in spring! 

Thanks.

Well, I was WRONG. I stated many times, that we would get shellacked by snow this WINTER.

It's spring now, or will be by Wednesday.

Just keeping things real

10 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

I've never seen Bob Chill this hyped before. It makes me feel all giddy. 

Heh, we haven't had a short range mod/big threat this year. Or last year. I pull the trigger when it's locked and loaded. Just need the euro to hold or improve for overnight into wed. Then there's only dumb posts to worry about. 

Anybody that knows about Nesis ratings. Isnt the rating done by total area covered by at least 10 inches of snow? The latest GFS run is a pretty major storm up the entire east coast. But I am guessing if everyone only averages say 6-8 inches it wouldnt have a Nesis rating?
?? Can you further explain?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Anybody that knows about Nesis ratings. Isnt the rating done by total area covered by at least 10 inches of snow? The latest GFS run is a pretty major storm up the entire east coast. But I am guessing if everyone only averages say 6-8 inches it wouldnt have a Nesis rating?

NESIS goes 1-4, 4-10, 10-20, 20-30, 30+.

And as I learned, NESIS is pretty bad at capturing big snows of long duration

21 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am not even going to stay up for the Euro. There is no denying we are going to get hit good at this point. Gonna grab a few hours of sleep before the precip starts here. Talk to yall in the morning.

You are going to get a foot of fresh snow easy. It is high time. Mountains are SUPPOSED to get heavy snow. They WILL get destroyed.

I hope you have a good snowblower. You are gonna need it.

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I am not even going to stay up for the Euro. There is no denying we are going to get hit good at this point. Gonna grab a few hours of sleep before the precip starts here. Talk to yall in the morning.

Good thing you didn't lol

Archived