Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20-21 Storm Banter and Party Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, nj2va said:

This place will be unreadable tomorrow and Wednesday.  Cliff jumpers lining up to get a prime spot to call bust by 6a tomorrow.  

People need to have realistic expectations. Leesburg west and I-70 north have the best chances of 6"+. FFX, Moco, Hoco 3-6. DC PG and south, 2-4. I'm not staying up for it, but if GFS/EURO stay the course those numbers would be low end. If they start trending to what the NAMs are showing, they would be upper end. 

Or maybe I'll wake up at 8AM to the sound of pingers and not rain :)

10 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

People need to have realistic expectations. Leesburg west and I-70 north have the best chances of 6"+. FFX, Moco, Hoco 3-6. DC PG and south, 2-4. I'm not staying up for it, but if GFS/EURO stay the course those numbers would be low end. If they start trending to what the NAMs are showing, they would be upper end. 

Or maybe I'll wake up at 8AM to the sound of pingers and not rain :)

Reasonable. I'll set 1 inch as my bar. while hoping for the best, we have got to keep our expectations well grounded. I WILL get a good soaker overnight well into Tuesday, regular rain, changing to sleet then some snow.

I am very happy for the subforum as a whole. Many communities will receive a lot of fresh snow, likely on top of a solid base of sleet. The mountains are wayyyyyyy overdue for a heavy snow. They could get 10 inches. Its about time. A good sleeting and an inch of snow is good for me in mid March. I know my climo, I know my low elevation, I know exactly where I live, and I am at total peace with it.

Archived