Weathernoob335
March 20-21 Storm Banter and Party Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, yoda said:

Its funny how hard Amped is trying to make it terrible for us

He knows his stuff but I swear to god he tries incredibly hard to will storms to fail. 

Anyone who complains about anything right now needs to look at themselves I'm the mirror and have a chat. Nails on chalkboard with ground temps, sun angle, wish it was Feb and blah blah blah is killing me. You know what? I'm glad it's not Feb becuase the last two were warm as summer and virtually snowless. 

Qpf queens and max potential kings need to get a freekin grip. It's the third week of March and we're staring at a gift from mother nature after torturing us for nearly 2 entire winter.

Comparisons are another thing that kills me. Boston, Denver, Feb 2010, upslope, Psu always jackpots blah blah blah. In life there is always someone richer than you, better looking than you, more successful than you and on and on. Be happy for once. Enjoy your yard. Whatever happens happens. Concentrate on pleasure and happiness no matter how small. 

I will say this, I'm glad as F I am who I am. If I got inside the head of a team of people around here I would probably off myself. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

He knows his stuff but I swear to god he tries incredibly hard to will storms to fail. 

Anyone who complains about anything right now needs to look at themselves I'm the mirror and have a chat. Nails on chalkboard with ground temps, sun angle, wish it was Feb and blah blah blah is killing me. You know what? I'm glad it's not Feb becuase the last two were warm as summer and virtually snowless. 

Qpf queens and max potential kings need to get a freekin grip. It's the third week of March and we're staring at a gift from mother nature after torturing us for nearly 2 entire winter.

Comparisons are another thing that kills me. Boston, Denver, Feb 2010, upslope, Psu always jackpots blah blah blah. In life there is always someone richer than you, better looking than you, more successful than you and on and on. Be happy for once. Enjoy your yard. Whatever happens happens. Concentrate on pleasure and happiness no matter how small. 

I will say this, I'm glad as F I am who I am. If I got inside the head of a team of people around here I would probably off myself. 

I agree with all of this. Except the part where there is anyone better looking than me. Everything else is spot on.

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

giphy.gif.306b2889dae888aff20ca6ccb8ca2016.gif

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I don't think anyone on this planet could've set that better. Wow. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Pffft whatevs :) 

1 hour ago, WeathermanB said:

Wait what year does AmericanWx forums date back to...

1 hour ago, BristowWx said:

I joined in 2010.  I think I was in the second wave.  Not sure where I posted before maybe Eastern.  There was Wright Weather I think.  Before that I think alt.neweatherforum. I think

I started tracking in the Farmers Almanac Discussion Forum back in 1997 and was led to the North East Weather Forum when Farmers Almanac tried to make us pay to discuss (If I can remember correctly). IMO there should be a history page for this site, I think the Genesis of it is pretty cool.

I’m a southerner who will be visiting Washington, DC Wednesday. Yay! It rarely snows where I live.

Am I correct to assume that DC and suburbs are well-equipped with snow removal equipment and the roads won’t shut down or be impassible?

we were going to fly general avaiation, but since that not possible will be driving a 4-wheel drive vehicle and will bring snow chains just in case.

36 minutes ago, yoda said:

Its funny how hard Amped is trying to make it terrible for us

It's funny that yall don't have him on ignore.  I swear to God, he is the only poster I have on ignore.   I'm talking like....EVER.  Since about 2011.  Like the only member on Amwx I ever had ignore..  Dead serious.  I only see his **** when yall quote it.

1 minute ago, zippity said:

I’m a southerner who will be visiting Washington, DC Wednesday. Yay! It rarely snows where I live.

Am I correct to assume that DC and suburbs are well-equipped with snow removal equipment and the roads won’t shut down or be impassible?

we were going to fly general avaiation, but since that not possible will be driving a 4-wheel drive vehicle and will bring snow chains just in case.

:lmao::lmao:

As long as 10 million cars aren't stranded they can do a decent job of clearing

1 minute ago, zippity said:

Never assume anything when it comes to DC and travel.  For as much snow as we do see, our citizens still have no idea how to travel in snow.  Just allow extra time to get wherever it is your trying to go, and in theory, you should be okay. 

Archived