Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20-21 Storm Banter and Party Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WeathermanB said:

Wait what year does AmericanWx forums date back to...

I joined in 2010.  I think I was in the second wave.  Not sure where I posted before maybe Eastern.  There was Wright Weather I think.  Before that I think alt.neweatherforum. I think

Just now, Kristymac03 said:

Is 6" a good estimate for what Frederick county, MD will get? I've tried to follow and it seems all over the place lol. So, we should see sleet first also with some ice accumulation followed by snow for the second event correct?

You’re in a good spot for this.  You’ll be all frozen for the duration of the event - 6-10” is a good forecast for your area at the moment.  You’ll probably have some sleet at the start tomorrow but then you’ll transition to snow; everyone will be snow for the 2nd event.  

10 minutes ago, 87storms said:

i actually thought it would feel a little more mild today.  i just shot some hoops outside for 30-40 mins with a light jacket and barely broke a sweat.  what i also like is that it felt dry.  i have a hunch that the northern tier will do well with this storm for the first part.

Maybe psuhoffman will have a HECS total by tomorrow evening, at least by Mdecoy standards.

Wednesday is my 55th birthday, and if it can top the 4" of snow that fell in 2015 it will be the snowiest one I have experienced.  3/21 has often been the date of the equinox and has featured about every kind of weather we find throughout the year.  I can remember birthdays with temps in the upper 70s (several years in a row as a teenager) cold ones like 1986 that was in the teens for a low, and stormy ones (1999, 2000, and 2001 all had heavy rainstorms exceeding 1.50")

Really would enjoy this one being the snowiest.  Fingers crossed.

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

You’re in a good spot for this.  You’ll be all frozen for the duration of the event - 6-10” is a good forecast for your area at the moment.  You’ll probably have some sleet at the start tomorrow but then you’ll transition to snow; everyone will be snow for the 2nd event.  

Thank you! We moved from Florida in October here and we have been so disappointed. I keep telling my husband this is it and he laughs and says he will believe it when he sees it! 

Things on my mind 

The best snow continues to show up further north on more and more models.

Snow whole continues to be present around DC on snow maps (I know they are not to be believed)

Light rates around DC are a concern still.  We need rates or this will be another bust I feel.   

Archived