Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20-21 Storm Banter and Party Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Interstate said:

So what...now you are going to criticize some of real concern?

The day before the Veterans Day storm of 1987 it was almost 60. In November 

snow stuck

you get told this every year but the same dumb weenies forget that if it gets cold then snow will stick

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

snow stuck

you get told this every year but the same dumb weenies forget that if it gets cold then snow will stick

I’ll give him he benefit of the doubt that he felt I was legit attacking him given what happened earlier. When in actuality I’m just making fun of the same old phrases we hear every storm 

8 minutes ago, H2O said:

snow stuck

I was in Denver last November.  It was 83 day before. Next day it snowed and stuck.  Granted 5000 feet but it was roasting until mid night.  The sleet will help a lot.  

49 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

I keep worrying about that... atmospheric memory has worked for them lately... and the NE.  But this is the type of storm that the IAD/DC/BWI corridor tends to do well in. 

I wouldn't worry. I made that call mainly because this is the party thread, and here you can say whatever the f you want without any logic or rationale to back it up whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

I’ll give him he benefit of the doubt that he felt I was legit attacking him given what happened earlier. When in actuality I’m just making fun of the same old phrases we hear every storm 

It does check a box that always seems to get checked before a storm

Just now, Mdecoy said:

Even 5 inches in late March in the mid atlantic is a HECS IMO.

So I am not using that word in the mid January sense, I am using it in the sense of how late we are in the year to be seeing this.

Keep your personal expectations to a dusting so you’re not disappointed 

5 minutes ago, Mdecoy said:

I'll believe this one when I see it accumulate. Till then, I am skeptical. Somewhere is going to get hammered. But I am not sold on the I-95 late March HECS. Not saying it won't happen, I just can't get sucked in.

Get sucked in. Its fun. Whats the risk? If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. I will never understand this cautiousness exhibited over emotionally investing in the idea that it will snow, because it might not snow..

1 minute ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

A nonbombing non-blizzard low on March 20-21 is not going to be HECS. The ratios could be 1:5-6. I expect 8" here, even with 2" qpf

Maybe I am not using the term appropriately.

8 inches in late March in Bel Air, to me, is a HECS.

I know it isn't in the traditional sense......

But when would  that have happened last this late in the year? I imagine its been a very long time. Hence it would be historical.

Archived