Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20-21 Storm Banter and Party Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ohwxguy said:

Near 60 & sunny here in DC today. I walked nearly 13 miles today enjoying the springtime warmth. Amazing to think in less than 24 hours we could have a fair amount of sleet.

I was thinking about that today too, however, we have had many really amazing snow storms here just a day or two after 60 or 70 degree days. It’s bizarre. 

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m out too...of patience with the weenies we ALL KNOW will be canceling this storm tomorrow at 7am when it’s not snowing in their backyard. 

I will not tolerate it. Prepare to ban me because if this is really my snow last ride with all of you down here and I can’t read the storm threads I’m going out swinging.

Its was 56 today IMBY(oops, banter) and radar doesn't look good.  Storms to the south are going to rob moisture transport.

18 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

I'm wondering if they open Tuesday though, as some of that precip could end up starting at noon.

That’s where I’m trying to figure things out. I suspect several school systems will close due to the rain changeover to sleet during the day.  Fairfax has 10 more days we can use for weather.  They tend to  close if there is a chance of something wintry before 2 pm.  That is the earliest they can do an early dismissal. 

10 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m out too...of patience with the weenies we ALL KNOW will be canceling this storm tomorrow at 7am when it’s not snowing in their backyard. 

I will not tolerate it. Prepare to ban me because if this is really my snow last ride with all of you down here and I can’t read the storm threads I’m going out swinging.

FWIW, I’d never ban you,because, well I can’t 

11 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yikes!  I already presented myself to be reaped back in February so I better watch it.

If this thing happens, do we get to call it the "Ji Storm" like the "PSUHoffman" from 2011?  I still remember when that thing was about ready to unleash on us, the obs thread was titled "The Hoffman cometh."  Good times.

8 minutes ago, WeathermanB said:

TWC and their winter storm naming propaganda. I expect Winter Storm Irma in 2019 to have 185 mph wind gusts on Cape Cod with 3 feet of snow in Barbuda.

Remember, Barbuda can get snow if conditions are just right,, like they are 0.000000000001% of the time.

I just hope they don’t send Jim Cantore down here. He jinxed our only storm last year. 

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I just assume if MN Transplant posts its usually bad news.

Mostly just realism. NAM doesn’t have great rates going on outside the favorited areas, without the rates your snow is melting on contact

Archived