Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Confidence increases for coastal storm threat along Eastern Seaboard

Typhoon Tip

16 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol no snow yet...so nothing stolen.   I'm not impressed with the Euro since it's upgrade.  May still score the highest...but it's a lesser version of it's previous self no doubt.  In fact it behaves more like all the other globals now, when before it didn't.  

I mean that's a little IMBYism. The Euro is a European model, they focus on their weathern not Nor'easters. Whether it truly has lost a step regarding East Coast cyclogenesis is something I would have to see research on before I totally buy it. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh... for you snow enthusiasts ... best to sit back sit back and savor the performance of whatever becomes of this cyclone's showing because ... you may not see much in the way of a substantive performance again until next autumn. 

The models are showing more and more complexion of spring washing over their cycles, as they always do at some point between the end of Feb and the beginning of April - just a matter of when in that range it chooses to do so from year to year. Now appears to be this year's chosen time. 

If so... look on the bright side - it's sort of 'going out with a bang' .. Even at a 3 or 4" that would be true, because how many times come June have you thought in passing, 'who would have thunk that 10 minute snow flurry on Mar 3 would be the last time we saw snow this year...'    ?    I mean ...seems like wasting the experience tainting it will all this neurotic nitpicking that's ... weird behavior for one, but also, casting the last that should be appreciated under a negative light.  

You really kind of shed light on the notion that this is a group of individuals that have become far more channeled/circuited into the cinema of the guidance - emotionally at that .. -- more so than a damn storms themselves.  All this frenetic ... what about 3KM what about the Herpes ... what about this what about that... omg omg ...go check out the Swiss..  i mean my god... it's a drug addiction. 

You're always on this site telling us about how nuts we are to be on the same site. :lol:

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I mean that's a little IMBYism. The Euro is a European model, they focus on their weathern not Nor'easters. Whether it truly has lost a step regarding East Coast cyclogenesis is something I would have to see research on before I totally buy it. 

I get that..and I understand your point completely.  But Since it's upgrade...it's not the same for East Coast storms...I'm no pro obviously, but you don't need to be a pro to see that it's lost some of it's gusto,  if you follow the weather in New England.  That's my point.  Certainly still the most sophisticated of the models and most powerful for sure, and Globally still scores higher than the rest, but it's off here in New England compared to how well it used to handle systems.

1 minute ago, LSC97wxnut said:

Hmm... another system where the NAM has been very steady with getting heavy snow into Eastern SNE.  It had the right idea with the previous storm, maybe it's on to something again?

I think E MA is going to get into some good snows. I think the bigger question mark is that zone from like SE NH to ORH.

Archived