Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Confidence increases for coastal storm threat along Eastern Seaboard

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This one feels worse than the others. We'll see if some consolidation at 00z happens.

That first one on March 2, that was winter storm warning with nothing but rain for almost all of us,right up to and during the storm. With everybody waiting for the flip that never came lol...how quick we forget. One model showed a flip, another did not. Etc etc.

1 minute ago, 8611Blizz said:

If this last run is a hiccup  by the euro  then that model has an issue that should.be fixed immediately. 

They should just go back and take the update out, and return it back to what it was previously (if that’s even possible)? 

But ya....if it’s a burp run again...it’s really sh**ting itself.  We’ll find out shortly if it’s right or wrong??

Ok so, what do we do? I have two friends who are on snow removal crews for commercial plazas, one in Plymouth and one in Framingham.

Plymouth so far could get 2 or 12. Actually same for Framingham.

And what do you do if your in charge of calling off school. Earlier Worcester was up to 18, but then they could be as low as 2? 

And now the GFS comes out and still hinting at a bigger storm. 

The models sure are a hot mess!

Outside of perhaps even extreme northern CT (which I think like 5-6'' is still a good average) I think CT should get slammed. The only questions really I think are how does the dry air hold out? This really only seems to be a problem as you proceed northward towards the border. Where the models close off 700mb low though is a prime spot for heavy snow across CT and the track of it favors prolonged period of banding. 

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

What a crazy GFS run for C/NNE. Ch 9 Mets in Manchester NH went on air an hour ago and said everything was being pushed way south. We were really totally out of the qpf until this run.  Now a general 2-4" or 3-6" way, way NW of all other runs, into much of Vermont .  

same for N. ORH county. Sticking with 2-4" for my area. 

Archived