• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Typhoon Tip

Confidence increases for coastal storm threat along Eastern Seaboard

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Gonna be some surprise positive busts tomorrow for SNE folks that are mehing this . 

SREF mean looks very good 

From 4 hours ago?

WSW for 8-14 inches in Plymouth??? Must be some really good wacky tobaccy. "I'll have what she's having"

3 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

WSW for 8-14 inches in Plymouth??? Must be some really good wacky tobaccy. "I'll have what she's having"

I guess Louis Uccellini doesn't get as upset with busted forecasts as much as local television news directors and their station's owners.

8 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

I'll take the under by a lot.

Just now, weathafella said:

Why is Diane skeptical?

Umm, every storm that was forecast to drop that much down there has busted harder than Joe Theismann's ankle.

18 minutes ago, WeatherEmperor said:

This is a good post.

In other news, is this board finally getting sick of snow? :0P

Heh...you're kidding right - 

Not chemically possible for the majority in this particular social media outlet.  

Didn't the Euro have one of these odd too far south and east runs with a recent storm? Only to have the ensembles say otherwise and the Op bounce back even further NW 12 hours later?

2 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Didn't the Euro have one of these odd too far south and east runs with a recent storm? Only to have the ensembles say otherwise and the Op bounce back even further NW 12 hours later?

Yup. Last one it did that.

2 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Ever since the upgrade in January 2016 its tended to have issues being too far south with significant storm systems

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Ever since the upgrade in January 2016 its tended to have issues being too far south with significant storm systems

Man you aint kidding...it would have never swung from 16 inches to 2 inches in 24 hours before that upgrade....it's as volatile lately as any of the other models..what a dam shame.   Can't trust it anymore.  I mean maybe it's right...but who the heck knows anymore?  Has done this in every big storm this season.  

8 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

It did... but that was 12z Sunday for a Tuesday storm.

this storm is closer

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Gonna be some surprise positive busts tomorrow for SNE folks that are mehing this . 

SREF mean looks very good 

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yup

Lol...Euro is doubling down on those statements boys...????  I'm in aww at that model as of late...but who knows anymore???  My instincts tell me it's wrong showing 2-3 inches in most of SNE and 21 inches in DC.  If it is wrong, man what a royal bust it will be for the once exalted King of models.   

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

3 straight runs of cut backs on the euro. Tough to ignore that.

Still looks okay down this way.

What a toaster though. Basically nothing from Tolland ORH and NW

Exactly, it's not like this was just a hiccup run.

• Like 1