joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Confidence increases for coastal storm threat along Eastern Seaboard

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the thread or the place for this discussion,  But my wife has a daycare and has had it for 30yrs, 1). The school aged kids are already in the daycare, So there is no trying to find one for them if there is no school, They are taking the bus from daycare, 2). It don't matter if there is a 12" or 24" of snow, These parents are not staying home with there kids even if there work is cancelled, They will take them out on the roads, Get stuck in my driveway, Just so they don't have to stray with them, Pretty sad actually.

6 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I like my 4-8 call.. I think most end up closer to 4 or 5.

Going to be tough to see higher than 8 outside of sw ct i think.

Would help if the brunt ends up being later in the day/ overnight here

That was my call yesterday..today I'm upping it slightly to 5-9" regionwide. The Latest HRDPS and RGEM runs could justify the higher ends of those ranges

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Not the thread or the place for this discussion,  But my wife has a daycare and has had it for 30yrs, 1). The school aged kids are already in the daycare, So there is no trying to find one for them if there is no school, They are taking the bus from daycare, 2). It don't matter if there is a 12" or 24" of snow, These parents are not staying home with there kids even if there work is cancelled, They will take them out on the roads, Get stuck in my driveway, Just so they don't have to stray with them, Pretty sad actually.

Our wives are in the same business but since I veto one in my home she has to work elsewhere.  Same experience.  People are over stressed these days it seems.

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Seems like this one fiddles and diddles around for several hrs south of pike w light snows from like 9am to 2pm. Not exactly a wall of white

Seems like n o Boston esp near route 2 it takes much longer for Anything to fall

Won't surprise me if north of the pike doesnt get anything meaningful until after 00z tomorrow night. But they could rip pretty good for about 8-10 hours after that...there's a good midlvel sig that sets up eventually...at least for E MA north of the pike.

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Our wives are in the same business but since I veto one in my home she has to work elsewhere.  Same experience.  People are over stressed these days it seems.

Free range up bringing, The kids call the shots not the parents, Pretty easy parenting that way.

Archived