Weathernoob335
Confidence increases for coastal storm threat along Eastern Seaboard

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

People are lawsuit happy.

people in all walks of life are becoming increasingly gutless. no one wants to become a subject of a media feeding frenzy in case something bad happens which is why politicians support and encourage these ridiculous decisions.

1 minute ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Methinks Boston gets laughed at for closing come tomorrow. 

Marty walsh is a contender for the democratic nomination for governor in four years. Was he consulted in this decision? What was his take?  he'll certainly be asked tomorrow. He certainly better have an answer.  Little things like this matter.  Just ask Lindsay.  No one remembers anything about him except for the fact that a snowstorm is named after him.

4 minutes ago, henry1978 said:

Marty walsh is a contender for the democratic nomination for governor in four years. Was he consulted in this decision? What was his take?  he'll certainly be asked tomorrow. He certainly better have an answer.  Little things like this matter.  Just ask Lindsay.  No one remembers anything about him except for the fact that a snowstorm is named after him.

Here's a little insider scoop: I don't think he'll be stepping foot near the race for Gov

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

What I am a bit shocked about is the lack of more rapid deepening of the sfc low. I think that is one reason which is sort of holding this back. While the mid-levels are strengthening (albeit slowly) the result isn't occurring at the surface. Unfortunately the models actually don't strengthen the low much more...perhaps going back to what I was looking at earleir with how they weaken this low and begin a transition process to a second low development well east of the Cape. Due to good ascent though, even with slowly strengthening mid-levels the radar will slowly fill in. If there is some plausible reason that could allow for the sfc low to strengthen a bit quicker I would think we see precip generation quite rapidly 

Remember the lead wave kind of mucked up the baroclinic zone. So this wave has less to work with.

2 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Agree.

Accuweather forums have many more users and posters than here...and they don’t crash ever.  What’s their setup/secret??  We need to employ their tech over here so this forum doesn’t crash in the future.

you realize that accuweather is a commercial for-profit enterprise, right? their secret is that they have income, employees on the payroll, advertisers, etc. therefore they have the $$ to put into their digital infrastructure.

and you realize that this board is not a commercial enterprise, right? no employees, very limited income (which is why they ask for donations), and very limited infrastructure. the people that "work" on this board are volunteers.

24 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

you realize that accuweather is a commercial for-profit enterprise, right? their secret is that they have income, employees on the payroll, advertisers, etc. therefore they have the $$ to put into their digital infrastructure.

and you realize that this board is not a commercial enterprise, right? no employees, very limited income (which is why they ask for donations), and very limited infrastructure. the people that "work" on this board are volunteers.

We’ve worked with everyone from the hosting side to the makers of this software (IPB). I know we have good hardware, but if anyone wants deets they need to ask John-wow.

Archived