SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Confidence increases for coastal storm threat along Eastern Seaboard

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does seem like all the indications are pointing towards good banding across CT. Sure some of the forecasts (including my own) of widespread 10'' plus won't come to pan out but I would think at least HFD on south is still game for a good widespread 6-8'' with maybe a few higher totals. Getting some decent low-level fronto setting up but we are starting to slowly get some better omega into the SGZ but the best is still south. With how this system will transition that should come right overhead. Should get a good period of maybe 5-6(?) hours of moderate to heavy snows. Maybe approaching 1.5'' per hour at times. 

8fnt_sf.gif?1521672039245

dendrh.gif?1521672268310

Radar appears to suggest this as well

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It does seem like all the indications are pointing towards good banding across CT. Sure some of the forecasts (including my own) of widespread 10'' plus won't come to pan out but I would think at least HFD on south is still game for a good widespread 6-8'' with maybe a few higher totals. Getting some decent low-level fronto setting up but we are starting to slowly get some better omega into the SGZ but the best is still south. With how this system will transition that should come right overhead. Should get a good period of maybe 5-6(?) hours of moderate to heavy snows. Maybe approaching 1.5'' per hour at times. 

8fnt_sf.gif?1521672039245

Radar appears to suggest this as well

That does seem to line up really well... south coast counties should rip.  Nice find.

What I am a bit shocked about is the lack of more rapid deepening of the sfc low. I think that is one reason which is sort of holding this back. While the mid-levels are strengthening (albeit slowly) the result isn't occurring at the surface. Unfortunately the models actually don't strengthen the low much more...perhaps going back to what I was looking at earleir with how they weaken this low and begin a transition process to a second low development well east of the Cape. Due to good ascent though, even with slowly strengthening mid-levels the radar will slowly fill in. If there is some plausible reason that could allow for the sfc low to strengthen a bit quicker I would think we see precip generation quite rapidly 

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This pathetic system "crashed' the board 2x. Really?

lots of double digit totals in bucks and Montgomery counties in SE PA. But overall I agree it's pathetic.  This system looks like Don Imus naked.

1 minute ago, USCG RS said:
1 hour ago, Hoth said:
Okay, I've run out of patience. I put it to the board: Glenlivet, Moscow Mule, Old Fashioned? I'm out of beer and I don't want to go out in these "severe" ( to borrow NWS' product phrasing) conditions.

Oban. Otherwise... Glenlivit

Love Oban, but sadly don't have any. Already took down a few Mules, so will save the 'Livet for another day.

Archived