Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Confidence increases for coastal storm threat along Eastern Seaboard

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

The CT valley really missed out this month.

West and east of the valley scored well. 

Your day will come and probably next year.

Yeah, I'll move up to the Monadnock area to be sure. In the meantime, I may have to call in the Wolf to have a little "chat" with Upton about their forecast. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s not ripping...but modeling is going in the dumpster, and they’re(along with box and Albany ) still saying substantial/significant accumulations are coming.  

I realize its meteorology and not modelology...but what are we missing? Honestly, is there something here that screams substantial snow is still in the cards?  Not ripping on them..just genuinely asking the ones in the know here.

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

Yeah, I'll move up to the Monadnock area to be sure. In the meantime, I may have to call in the Wolf to have a little "chat" with Upton about their forecast. 

Be careful, the monadnocks have not had a great run the past few years.  you long for the relaxing snow rich beauty of S Orh Co.

6 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I don't understand how they could, in good conscience, issue an updated warning for this area at 4:11PM with an additional 8-11". I really don't get it. 

It's not good. To pull that off, you're talking about least 8-12 hours of additional snow (at 1"/hr!). Is that really going to be the case? 

7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Would you think looking at the 18z NAM we would see more QPF down this way? The whole look didn't seem bad at all...maybe it is just occlusion leading to the reduced QPF?

What a cruel twist on the 18z runs, to pull the rug out after being so bullish. 

I'm glad I didn't have to do a huge clean up job with our grids. 

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

It's not good. To pull that off, you're talking about least 8-12 hours of additional snow (at 1"/hr!). Is that really going to be the case? 

I'm glad i'm not the only who thinks of it logically that way. I don't think they do. 

Maybe they're going with 4-6 per hour for 2 hours...

Archived