Newest Member
    joxey
Confidence increases for coastal storm threat along Eastern Seaboard

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Like Will said earlier...February of 89...got not a flake....30 years later you’d think this type of thing wouldn’t happen anymore..I mean with the incredible advancements in modeling and all?

Yup. And we tend to forget the positive busts. If we include the positive busts like Jan 5 this year when only the 3k NAM was correct or the last storm which was not supposed to go west of the CT river wr would be flabergasted

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Haha it’s not THAT serious. I had 10-14”, it happens.

This is a humbling hobby for us and for the pros. I enjoy the chase, the learning experience, and the good times on here....even though I know I can come across like a d*ick sometimes, but that’s mostly due to my ADD and english being my second language.  I tell my wife that too, when she does not take my dry sarcasm well.  

Fails like this actually make the hobby more interesting knowing there is always going to be wild cards.

3 hours ago, henry1978 said:

Considering all the epic totals the models were spitting out along the megalopolis this event is busting harder than stormy daniels at the annual 4th of july coney island weenie eating contest when she finds out the weenies are only 6 inches instead of 12.

If you're Ryan Maue how do you spin this bust and all those pretty pastel colors? Blame it on Hillary and Obama? Change the topic and start talking about Benghazi?

maybe this is how it all begins...the regression for the promise land folks

models teasing with left handed purple unicorns hi fiving each other in feet of late season powder and then all of a sudden the dream is over and you wake up to the tv on with 60 minutes and Lesle Stahl interviewing Betsy DeVoss

23 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

what do you mean upton has another 10-14 for fairfield county? Can't you read english?!? I'm expecting another 9-12 with a possible 30" spot...no problem

Don't look now but UPTON just pushed their chips in. An ADDITIONAL 6 to 9 inches to fall in Fairfield county. 

WTF are they looking at?

23 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

what do you mean upton has another 10-14 for fairfield county? Can't you read english?!? I'm expecting another 9-12 with a possible 30" spot...no problem

lol, our streak continues. What a dumpster fire the last few weeks have been. I'm glad I never bought into this whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, Hoth said:

lol, our streak continues. What a dumpster fire the last few weeks have been. I'm glad I never bought into this whatsoever.

The CT valley really missed out this month.

West and east of the valley scored well. 

Your day will come and probably next year.

There will still be a pretty solid band of snow that moves into SNE tonight. The mid-levels don't look terrible on the NAM and I am sort of surprised it wasn't a bit more juicy with QPF output. Perhaps with occlusion happening early the influx of moist air into the circulation gets shuts off? But the system should continue to strengthen and there is really solid lift so you would expect the precip shield to continue to blossom. I think S CT should still see at least a widespread 8'' event. As you move north into the state not sure but the H5 and H7 low tracks are solid

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Hey c’mon now...they’re the premier weather forecasting outlet in the world..they are seeing something we’re not...Right???  Right? 

I’m in for 8-11 inches...since I haven’t seen a flake yet today.

They're seeing something all right. :weenie:

Archived