Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Confidence increases for coastal storm threat along Eastern Seaboard

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

No point in watching the radar until it's almost time to head home from work. 

Speaking of watching the radar loop the last hour.  It almost seems a surge of dry air is moving south and interacting with the north edge and eroding it south right now.  From  Central RI all the way west into NY.  Echoes are falling apart as they try to move north.  Anyone else see it?

2 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Speaking of watching the radar loop the last hour.  It almost seems a surge of dry air is moving south and interacting with the north edge and eroding it south right now.  From  Central RI all the way west into NY.  Echoes are falling apart as they try to move north.  Anyone else see it?

There's also this lead shortwave that is shearing out a bit, but the follow up wave exiting the Carolinas this afternoon will be the focus.

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

There's also this lead shortwave that is shearing out a bit, but the follow up wave exiting the Carolinas this afternoon will be the focus.

Seems like the modeling is starting to focus more on the second wave and as such delaying precipitation each run. I don't know, I thought the 12z GFS looked better at h5 but the output doesn't look that way.

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

Seems like the modeling is starting to focus more on the second wave and as such delaying precipitation each run. I don't know, I thought the 12z GFS looked better at h5 but the output doesn't look that way.

Man-taking the fuk it attitude.  Lots of good work getting done.

I actually like the soundings on the GFS around 06z...some big lift right in the DGZ here. Midlevels would argue for some goodies for a few hours.

The worry is that we just have shredded stuff the other 6-8 hours around that nice 3-5 hour window.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

I'm seeing reports of only 2-3 inches inside the Beltway despite the dramatic white house webcams from the Old executive office building.  Baltimore seems to be the only urban center up and down the corridor getting anything noteworthy.

14 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

It's definitely the stronger of the two waves. If you look at WV, there is much more drying (subsidence) behind the second wave. It's more dynamic.

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I actually like the soundings on the GFS around 06z...some big lift right in the DGZ here. Midlevels would argue for some goodies for a few hours.

The worry is that we just have shredded stuff the other 6-8 hours around that nice 3-5 hour window.

There are definitely some good signals around 06z. That's the time window I've flagged for the "worst" of it.

Considering all the epic totals the models were spitting out along the megalopolis this event is busting harder than stormy daniels at the annual 4th of july coney island weenie eating contest when she finds out the weenies are only 6 inches instead of 12.

Archived