Confidence increases for coastal storm threat along Eastern Seaboard

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MaineJayhawk said:

It just isn't what it used to be ;)

Ride a horse, 80/20 (Euro/others)

Every time i hear that i lol, Its scores are still better then any guidance out there, You want to toss it, You're at your own risk, Consecutive runs now its pretty meh, I'd be concerned if i was in ts crosshairs, Its not going to make any big moves this close in now.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's gonna be fun pulling out that 06z NAM forecast when we get 3" of snow. I bet the euro wins this handily...it's almost never wrong when it is insistent like this. 

You can see the shorter term guidance all trending toward it. 

Multi-cycle + multi-model (including Euro) trend was pretty strong and I was harping on that last evening. And all consistent with the same issues we were discussing since the beginning... too much confluence + mechanics disjointed by first shortwave and multiple low centers + when it does occlude it's too far south.

Could there be surprises? The zonked out 0z NAM gave some pause because it led the charge on the last storm, but this close in, I think GFS + UK + RGEM + HRPDS caving to Euro has to be given a lot of weight this morning. 

9 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Meh.... should have just stuck with the euro locally here. Those meso models amped up had me thinking we could do better.

3-6. Storm has sucked. No doubt 

:blink:  .. not supposed to do much in your town until late afternoon through tomorrow morning... 

Archived