Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Confidence increases for coastal storm threat along Eastern Seaboard

Typhoon Tip

17 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I really think coastal CT is going to jackpot. Just been seeing this insane lift through the SGZ down there

We're due. New haven got completely hosed on all the last 3 storms, varying from nothing (storm #1) to maybe a couple inches of slush (#3) to a frightening peak of 4 or 5 at most on storm #2 that immediately melted anyway.

I'm unconvinced about big totals for this go round given the model disagreements, but remain cautiously optimistic. And, we're due.  

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ct_yankee said:

We're due. New haven got completely hosed on all the last 3 storms, varying from nothing (storm #1) to maybe a couple inches of slush (#3) to a frightening peak of 4 or 5 at most on storm #2.

I'm unconvinced about big totals for this go round given the model disagreements, but remain cautiously optimistic. And, we're due.  

wow thats it for #2? I got about a foot. 

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Wake up Boston!  Crushed on NAM/GFS!

Nice! Looks like we're in line for some fun tomorrow evening assuming the Euro doesn't spoil the party.

I told coworkers 4-8" for Boston metro this afternoon after seeing the Euro but am now thinking 10" could be possible if everything works out - probably would stick with the 4-8" right now but maybe there's something here. We took CT down to 6-12" shoreline/4-8" for most others with 3-6" far northern tier - latest runs say we should have stuck with 6-12" statewide but as Ryan said it's really hard to carry a 6-12" forecast when the Euro gives you 1".

Archived