Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Confidence increases for coastal storm threat along Eastern Seaboard

Typhoon Tip

47 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Everyone will quickly drop into the upper 20’s tomorrow evening. So maybe the far S coast sees a few hours of wetter snow. Temps aloft are cold. There won’t be much in the way of power issues in CT

After the 2nd noreaster we haven't taken any chances and have been preparing as though it will be as bad as that one. Obviously that wasn't the case with the previous (3rd) one, and hopefully it wont be with this one either, but crews haven't had much time to survey and take down any additional hazards so it wont take much to have an outage issue again.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hoth said:

Yeah, the white pines would be in trouble. Lots have long cracks evident.

A lot of learners too, and loose limbs dangling. Looking into the trees while driving on 25 you could see a lot of tops snapped but still hanging. Hunters and hikers beware.

3 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

The Litchfield hills come close to the coast. When on the water you can see the quick rise in elevation.

Yeah and along with that the average snow gradient. Someone posted a map here a while back. If I just move north of the parkway, I likely gain 3-5 inches of average snow.

46 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Confluence. Confluence. Confluence. Tired of hearing the word, frankly. Confluence is gone by 0z tonight. Confluence was the story for past several days through this afternoon. With confluence out, issue now is how much UL downstream ridging we can manage...

Eh...I think it's both.

Archived