Dano62
Confidence increases for coastal storm threat along Eastern Seaboard

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

didn't he get a foot? the CT valley got screwed bad

Yeah I think so...but he missed 2 feet by like 15-20 miles to his east in Windham county....plus we rib him for getting destroyed by Ray. Going back to eastern, he always hated it when Ray got more snow than him...and Ray's gonna beat him for seasonal total because of it. Bitter pill for Kevin to swallow...losing because of a mid March storm.

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

He's really gunning for the jackpot in this one after sucking exhaust badly in the last one. Lol.

Anyways, this one won't produce the big widespread 12+ totals unless we infuse more WCB...maybe we can trend that a little more the next 24 hours.

Our area has been jackpotting storm after storm.  Do you a seasonal total for Holliston or say Framingham?

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I think so...but he missed 2 feet by like 15-20 miles to his east in Windham county....plus we rib him for getting destroyed by Ray. Going back to eastern, he always hated it when Ray got more snow than him...and Ray's gonna beat him for seasonal total because of it. Bitter pill for Kevin to swallow...losing because of a mid March storm.

Don't you think that's premature? What's the delta, 10 or so?

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

My biggest pet peeve is snow not sticking to roads. Will it be cold enough for that not to happen?

1 minute ago, kdxken said:

Our area has been jackpotting storm after storm.  Do you a seasonal total for Holliston or say Framingham?

I've got my backyard totals at home (still at work right now)...pretty sure its around 75-76 inches.

3 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Don't you think that's premature? What's the delta, 10 or so?

Yeah...10 is really tough to make up this late though. Still plausible...but it's going to require some system where Kevin gets like 15" and Ray gets 5" or so. Likely not happening. Maybe he gets 5 more in this event and finds an April event to make up the rest...but I'd put the odds pretty low.

If you want consistency in the trend, just look at the last 5 Euro runs.  Every one has brought the goods a little further NW each time.  We are now at the point that changes from run to run in the Euro before the onset should be just noise.  But it probably has reached its furthest extent NW, and those minor changes will end up being SE.  EMA should do quite well, despite the noise.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah...10 is really tough to make up this late though. Still plausible...but it's going to require some system where Kevin gets like 15" and Ray gets 5" or so. Likely not happening. Maybe he gets 5 more in this event and finds an April event to make up the rest...but I'd put the odds pretty low.

He's behind for sure, but early and late season events are where his elevation really helps.

Just now, 78Blizzard said:

If you want consistency in the trend, just look at the last 5 Euro runs.  Every one has brought the goods a little further NW each time.  We are now at the point that changes from run to run in the Euro before the onset should be just noise.  But it probably has reached its furthest extent NW, and those minor changes will end up being SE.  EMA should do quite well, despite the noise.

Eps  Had been nw

Today they werent

Archived