joxey
Confidence increases for coastal storm threat along Eastern Seaboard

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

C'mon dice....snake eyes baby!

But in all seriousness...yeah. I think as long as people don't start fishing for widespread 12+, then this storm will satisfy many. There's good CCB/deformation signal across SNE. There's very good low level cold. The storm is losing it's best dynamics somewhat quickly so people will have to understand that some periods of lighter snow will happen. But I could def see a nice stripe where double digit totals occur inside of the best band.

We'll see if we can trend the WAA portion a little further west into the main wave down south...maybe then we can reevaluate the idea for higher totals. But right now, most should pin their sights on 6-12...I like your range for now.

Agree...uncanny with the 12z EURO.

We'll see what changes occur down the line...do final call tmw night.

12z.png

First Call.png

Just now, CoolMike said:

I'm not sure how I missed that.  I guess I typically only look for results of the regions I'm most interested in (MBY and local ski hills).

Interior N NJ got the 20+ totals back in the Mar 7-8 storm. It was kind of a bust near/in NYC.  Mega band set up over like Caldwell and back into the hills.

This run is actually not historic from a snow perspective for them, but they get a ton of sleet which would be pretty amazing.

51 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

No not necessarily. But I certainly do not share the excitement as the previous storm. I guess that one is on another level anyways lol. We shall see. Plenty of time to analyze the details. 

well can only get so much worse here but you folks out in the promise land have a much higher ceiling for suckage compared to the last event

Archived