SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Confidence increases for coastal storm threat along Eastern Seaboard

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do wish we could get into the WAA stuff. As is it may kiss the south coast.  But I’m not sure how organized this will be as the system occludes under us. It may not have a wide area of meaty echoes. Maybe a big band with the deformation and then banded stuff south of it? We’ll see what future guidance does.  It does try to fill in later Wed aftn.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I do wish we could get into the WAA stuff. As is it may kiss the south coast.  But I’m not sure how organized this will be as the system occludes under us. It may not have a wide area of meaty echoes. Maybe a big band with the deformation and then banded stuff south of it? We’ll see what future guidance does.  It does try to fill in later Wed aftn.

Flags be flying

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I thought nam was fine aloft. Esp H5.

What an absolute scalping in the mid-atlantic though...epic sleet storm there before it changes to snow eventually.

I have been waiting for the carpet to get pulled down there....very,, very leery of a major snow in the mid atl big cities with an RNA.

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, weird distribution though, you would think waa would be a little more expansive but just stops S of VT. 

The mid level progs argue north. My comment was for those giddy about 12+. It could happen, but you want a real good CCB for that. Or def band to stall.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The mid level progs argue north. My comment was for those giddy about 12+. It could happen, but you want a real good CCB for that. Or def band to stall.

Yea...all I meant. Significant snow, regardless.

There is a reason those are considered huge and anomalous....like Will intimated.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Feeling lucky?

:lol:

C'mon dice....snake eyes baby!

But in all seriousness...yeah. I think as long as people don't start fishing for widespread 12+, then this storm will satisfy many. There's good CCB/deformation signal across SNE. There's very good low level cold. The storm is losing it's best dynamics somewhat quickly so people will have to understand that some periods of lighter snow will happen. But I could def see a nice stripe where double digit totals occur inside of the best band.

We'll see if we can trend the WAA portion a little further west into the main wave down south...maybe then we can reevaluate the idea for higher totals. But right now, most should pin their sights on 6-12...I like your range for now.

Archived