Newest Member
    joxey
Confidence increases for coastal storm threat along Eastern Seaboard

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You guys take this stuff way too seriously. Have some fun.

I think you need to look in one of these.

eliza-mirror-o.jpg.d6a18e6b5057574c45872c5c37273659.jpg

I could not be any further away from your assessment of me.  Snow plays no role in my emotional well-being.  I take joy in tracking the storms, not outcomes.

I’m impressed with those staying up for the euro and going to work this morning.  15 years ago I could do that but I put a higher priority on sleep these days.  I could see checking during an overnight pee run but the master bathroom is only 10 feet from my bed and we have a “no devices in the bedroom” rule (my idea).

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’m impressed with those staying up for the euro and going to work this morning.  15 years ago I could do that but I put a higher priority on sleep these days.  I could see checking during an overnight pee run but the master bathroom is only 10 feet from my bed and we have a “no devices in the bedroom” rule (my idea).

It's nice to have weenies all hours of the night. I can get up (my daughter has a cold so getting up is a given) check the board, see the euro came in better, and go back to sleep. LOL.

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Hopefully that just refers to electronic devices.

18 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It's involuntary. 

I agree with Bob and John...midling event in the offing.

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I probably should have mentioned/added this as a notables bullet point in the original statements of this thread. 

We are and have been for the last couple of weeks ... and certainly now moving forward, squarely at the time of the year when it is required, greater standard deviation cold anomalies to maintain freezing/frozen ptypes.  I figure a goodly amount of that is ...or "should" rather be in the back of minds, and not to merely take the fact that there is a cold high N and coastal low passing underneath as entitlement to snow.  It's likely to ?   But, some percentage of that mass will be claimed if by day, and obviously then much less loss by night.  

Just something to keep in mind.  We could take a moderate to major intensity structure, and have it rendered to a light to moderate impact because of this factor ...again, depending upon the magnitude of cold feeding into the circulation capable of offsetting the undeniable/unrelenting sun that yes ...even under dense ceilings plays some role.  

Undoubtedly... someone will reply to this with April 1984 type arguments... but, no ...that had the necessary -SD air mass and associated dynamics... such did May 1977...  It's a matter of whether this guy does too.  

Right now it looks like it has enough... but, I am little leery of whether it has the strength (total mechanics and dynamical) ... It could be a situation where conditionally, there's enough that with these it would be great, but the whole structural evolution is too midland to really go nuts.  

These are just points to consider -

What was the set up for april 1 1997? I assume there must have been a solid -SD airmass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_April_Fool's_Day_blizzard

Archived