Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20-21 Potential - STORM MODE THREAD

stormtracker

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

SO I was sleep...was jolted to sleep for some reason and decided to check the board for the Euro info.   Now I wish I hadn't.  I can't go back to sleep.   What has gotten into this model??

It's math and stuff. Every single little thing that could go wrong all winter did. But we ran out of wrong stuff in the bag so all the right stuff barfed all at once. 

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

SO I was sleep...was jolted to sleep for some reason and decided to check the board for the Euro info.   Now I wish I hadn't.  I can't go back to sleep.   What has gotten into this model??

Same

Just now, SlamSlam said:

Why not now. What more do they need to see?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Relax. There are protocols to their decision making process and it takes time to decide on their forecast and messaging. It’s a hugely important job and they are pros who want get it right.

5 minutes ago, SlamSlam said:

Why is LWX not issuing warnings? They want to see 06Z GFS?

Dude, calm down.  It's one model showing something of this magnitude.  Why would you all of a sudden switch something because of it.  You wait for confirmation with other data.  If they go to Warning now, its not going to be just because of the Euro.

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

A giant HECS climbed into this model.  Euro never really misses the big ones (especially at this range). May be a bit overdone, but likely has the right idea at this point.  In other news, where the heck is Ji?

MDstorm 

Just now, stormtracker said:

Dude, calm down.  It's one model showing something of this magnitude.  Why would you all of a sudden switch something because of it.  You wait for confirmation with other data.  If they go to Warning now, its not going to be just because of the Euro.

Awake at 2:40am AND having to scold someone lol...

Seems likely to me that WSW criteria will be reached and has now been forecast well in advance. It is just a warning and does not mean it happens. Why can't it be issued now? Many people, like me, leave for the DC area at 3 - 4AM. If a WSW was in place I would not need to travel 125+ miles today.

3 minutes ago, SlamSlam said:

Seems likely to me that WSW criteria will be reached and has now been forecast well in advance. It is just a warning and does not mean it happens. Why can't it be issued now? Many people, like me, leave for the DC area at 3 - 4AM. If a WSW was in place I would not need to travel 125+ miles today.

They issue everything at once usually between 3-4am. Also takes a while to make the maps and get all the info updated. Not like they wave a magic wand and there it is. 

They issue everything at once usually between 3-4am. Also takes a while to make the maps and get all the info updated. Not like they wave a magic wand and there it is. 
Roger that. My employer goes by the WSW. If there is one, no work. If not, i need to be there at 5am.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived